Captain
Captain

how to create a table that has 20 rows with ranking

I need to use ranking for a measurement (ex. Top 20).  But I want to create table with only 20 rows regardless how many values ranking returns.  I cannot find where I can place a limitation.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi,

Go to custom query and at the end, add "limit 20". It should limit the table in the report to just 20 rows Below is the example with limit as 5

obr_query_limit.PNGobr_query_limit2.PNG

Regards,

Lohit

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Thanks for sharing the query.

But would that return the top x rows?  For instance, I have measurement 100, 98, 90, 90, 90. If I do a top 3, then it will give me five rows in the table.  How can I display three rows in the table in stead of five rows?  I do not want the table expand automatically. 

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi,

If you right-click on the report column and use Ranking to rank the values, then for 100, 98, 90, 90, 90, it will show all the 5 rows.

But if you put a limit in the query itself, lets say 3, it will restrict the number of rows to just 3 irrespective of repeating values.

Regards,,

Lohit

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.