Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to get message details from database in OMW

Jump to solution

Im planning to integrate OMW with third party tools, is there any command or database query  or WMI q uerywhere i can get the following message details of an alert. ( i dont want to use ovowmsgutil to download messages to csv files)

Im using OMW 9.10

Need following items from message details:

1) Node Name

2) Alert created Time

3) object,

4) application

5) severity

6) message text

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello

You can use WMI to get all this information. The instance of OV_Message class in the name space "root\hewlettpackard\openview\data" will give you the list of messages. You can build standard WMI scripts to do this.

Hope this helps.
Regards

Ram

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I've used a vbs script based on an example for email notifications that use WMI to get the event details.

The script gets activated by a WMI policy that is triggered by each new instance of event.

I don't have the script at hand but if you check the example templates for email notifications you get 80% of the way there.

I hope this can get you on track.

Gio.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello

You can use WMI to get all this information. The instance of OV_Message class in the name space "root\hewlettpackard\openview\data" will give you the list of messages. You can build standard WMI scripts to do this.

Hope this helps.
Regards

Ram

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Ram, i will try this and will let you know how it goes.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks again. I got the solution by querying wmi and have used wmi template to capture msg id's of new incoming messages.

Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from OV_Message where  Id = """ & val1 & """")

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.