Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

monitoring account privileges for Linux/unix servers

Hello,

I am trying to understand what level of access do we require in order to monitor Linux or unix servers from Sitescope.

dose it change according to the kind of monitoring is required on those boxes or same privileges will work?

thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi,

Hope you are having a wonderful day.  

Only an administrator in SiteScope, or a user granted Add, edit or delete remote servers permissions can view or edit the Remote Servers.

Monitoring remote UNIX server data requires authenticated access to the remote server. A UNIX server connection profile provides the necessary address and login credentials for SiteScope to log on to a remote server.

To log on to a remote server using the UNIX server connection profile, either:

1. Log on to the remote server as a user with administrator privileges, or

2. Create or modify a user account on the remote server that corresponds with the connection method and login permissions used in the SiteScope connection profile for that server.

In order to monitor your Unix sever it's necessary:

-Ability to run the commands listed for you OS in the SiteScope/templates.os directory.
-Access to certain directories on the remote machine i.e. /home/user/scripts, or /logs directory
-Permission to run or execute any Scripts needed for monitoring
-Permission to start and end most processes
-Permission to read any log file that is to be monitored.
-Permission to read/write/exectute to any of the subdirectories under the SiteScope main directory.

Please let me know if it works. If you have any doubt feel free to contact me, I’m here to help you.

Thanks in advance for your help and time, I really appreciate it.
Best Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.