Absent Member.
Absent Member.

msiconf not found

Jump to solution
Hi,

I'm trying to set the order in which an external program (netcool probe) and the correlation composer read messages from the MSI. I need to be able to configure it so that the correlation composer completes its actions (we use it to enrich the messages) before the probe reads the events from the MSI. From what I understand, that should be configurable in /etc/opt/OV/share/conf/OpC/mgmt_sv/msiconf, but I don't have that file. Is that something that is created automatically, or should I have to create that myself? Is there any documentation on how to do that? I'm running OVOU 8.3.

Thanks, Chris
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello.

You can see it by enabling tracing for the process or by doing:

strings /var/opt/OV/share/tmp/OpC/mgmt_sv/mpicmmq

Regards,
Goran

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class
On the HP Operations management server, run the following command:
# opcsrvconfig -msi -enable

Enable the Copy/Divert to MSI option for each condition that you wish to output a message.

You can do it at agent level or HP Operations management server level. I don't know your environment, so you better decide at which option is gud for you.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello.

You have to write the file yourself.

export MANPATH=/opt/OV/man
man msiconf

You have examples (including an entry for opcecm - used for ECS on the OMU server) in the man page.

Regards,
Goran
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thank you for the responses. Can you tell me how to see the name that the process I'm trying to work with is registering under when connecting to the MSI? This is the process that I'm working with:

root 9273 9258 0 09:28:17 pts/13 1:28 /opt/IBM/tivoli/netcool/omnibus/probes/solaris2/nco_p_vpo_Sparc_Solaris

I guessed that it would be nco_p_vp_Sparc_Solaris, but that is too long according to the man page (limited to 13 alpha num chars). Is there a command or a place that I can look that will show me what that process is registering as?

Thanks, Chris
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello.

You can see it by enabling tracing for the process or by doing:

strings /var/opt/OV/share/tmp/OpC/mgmt_sv/mpicmmq

Regards,
Goran

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.
That's exactly what I needed. Using the mpicmmq, I'm able to see the names of the processes registered with MSI. Only thing is that the omnibus probe that I'm working with registers with a different name each time it is started. It uses the format of nco##########, and the numbers change each time you restart. I'm able to work around this, though. I've set the priority for opcecm to -10 and just left the nco probe out of the msiconf file which will cause the probe to default to priority 0.

Once I worked through some formatting issues on the msiconf file (apparently doesn't like it when the priority number is below the process name instead of in line with), this is working as I need it to. opcecm acts on the events and updates the data (message group in my case), then the netcool probe picks the event up with the correct data. Thank you so much for the help on this. The advise was great.

Thanks, Chris
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I've the same problem. Not found MSICONF. I need to forward event to Nagios. Someone can help me? Where I can find the event log?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.