node name as message group
Dear Experts, I'm trying to use <$node_name> in an SNMP monitoring policy. But when message is received message group is empty. kindly tell me how to diagnose and resolve this.
Hi Kaleem ,
Besides try TAMNP's suggestion, Please note that if you do not configure SNMP then the OS information for the node will not be discovered automatically when adding W2K8 R2 and W2K8 R2 Core nodes and you will need to enter the details manually
a. Go to Start-> Run type services.msc
b. Go to SNMP Service -> right click->properties
c. Add community Name "public" with READ ONLY Community rights
SEE SPECIAL NOTE BELOW
d. Select the option "Accept SNMP packets from any host"
2. Do the following changes in registry.
– Focus on the public KEY. Double click and set Value Data to 4.
– If the public KEY does not exist, create a public key with Data Type as REG_DWORD and set Value Data to 4.
– Focus on the EnableAuthenticationTraps key, and set Value Data to 4.
– If EnableAuthenticationTraps KEY does not exist, create an "EnableAuthenticationTraps" key with REG_DWORD and set Value Data to 4.
- Remove the key with value "localhost" to accept snmp packets from all source.
3. Restart the machine --> shutdown /r