Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

opr-pgctl.sh -restore fails

Jump to solution

Running OBM 2018.05 on two systems.  I took a backup of my primary system with opr-pgctl.sh -force -z -backup backup.zip. 

I copied that to a test system running 2018.05.  I stopped everything.  I started the restore.  At 71% Restore the command failed. The opr-pgctl.log say Restore command failed, stream closed and lines of Java dump.  Cannot I not restore a DB from one system to another?  I have plenty of space on the volume.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Mel

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The restore didn't like that the backup was zipped.  When I did the backup without the -z and did the restore. it worked fine.  It was very, very slow, particularly to start, but it worked.

Problem solved.

Mel

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The restore didn't like that the backup was zipped.  When I did the backup without the -z and did the restore. it worked fine.  It was very, very slow, particularly to start, but it worked.

Problem solved.

Mel

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.