Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ovcd is the only running agent

Jump to solution

Hello again, folks!

I'm having the strangest problem on one of my servers. When I type "ovc -status", I get this:

C:\>ovc -status
ovcd OV Control CORE (1348) Running
opcmona OVO Monitor Agent AGENT,EA Aborted
opccfgfileOVO configfile Agent AGENT,EA Aborted
coda OV Performance Core COREXT Aborted
opcacta OVO Action Agent AGENT,EA Aborted
opceca OVO Event Correlation AGENT,EA Aborted
agtrep OV Discovery Agent AGENT,AgtRep Aborted
opcecaas ECS Annotate Server AGENT,EA Aborted
opcle OVO Logfile Encapsulator AGENT,EA Aborted
opctrapi OVO SNMP Trap Interceptor AGENT,EA Aborted
opcmsgi OVO Message Interceptor AGENT,EA Aborted
opcmsga OVO Message Agent AGENT,EA Aborted
opcwbemi OVO WMI Interceptor AGENT,EA Aborted
ovbbccb OV Communication Broker CORE Aborted
ovconfdOV Config and DeployCOREXTAborted

I've tried cleanstarting the agent, redoing the certificates, the "ovc -stop"/ "ovc -kill" / "ovc -start" process... I've even uninstalled the agent, cleaned it off the computer, deleted the node from OVO and then reinstalled the agent back on the server. Still no luck.

I'm running 8.60 on a Windows 2003 x86 machine. If you guys could help me figure out what is going wrong with this, I'd be GREATLY appreciative!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello

Yes you may need their help. Actually if possible don't reboot the machine either until you sort this out for with the C:\program file you will find that the OS will not load either for it will not get to the right path. So get the admin to clear this file out before you do much on this machine.

Regards
Ram

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello

Does System.txt show anything useful as to what is going on? That may give you clues about this.

Also when you say you are using OM 8.60 agent - is it OM 8.60.00x or 8.60.501 agent? May be 8.60.501 agent will work better for you.

Hope this helps or others have better answer.
Regards
Ram
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Here's the installed version:

OPC_INSTALLED_VERSION=08.60.006

So apparently the OV Communication Broker won't start because "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

Here's one of the lines that appeared in System.txt:

"0: ERR: [I edited this out]: ovcd ([I edited this out]): (ctrl-31) Error starting start action for 'C:/Program Files/HP/HP BTO Software/bin/ovbbccb -nodaemon': (xpl-155) CreateProcess(C:/Program Files/HP/HP BTO Software/bin/ovbbccb -nodaemon) failed.
(WIN-32) The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.."

Someone said there was a "program" file or folder in C: (and that's what caused the error), but I didn't see any such file. Still stuck.

EDIT: I found the file "program" but couldn't delete it because it's being used by another process. I uninstalled the agent and still no luck.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello

You are not able to remove the file called "Program" in the C:\ drive even when none of the agent related processes are running on the node (check this using Task Manager)? If yes use Process Monitor tool (from Microsoft) and see if it shows what is using this file and track it down that way.

Also see if you can upgrade the agent package to OM 8.60.501 and install that version. It may help as well (after you remove the Program file).

Regards

Ram

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks, Ram.

Unfortunately, I am both not able to install any software on this machine and not able to directly influence the agent version, but I appreciate the effort. I'll take it up with our Windows support team.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello

Yes you may need their help. Actually if possible don't reboot the machine either until you sort this out for with the C:\program file you will find that the OS will not load either for it will not get to the right path. So get the admin to clear this file out before you do much on this machine.

Regards
Ram

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.