New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

reference guide for shr

Hello,

i'm looking for reference guide, or some guidline for command line utilities/tools in SHR,

for example if i run:

collect -type cmdbviews -category ALL_VIEWS
PID:6272
Collect completed status - 15

what does this specific return code means (-15), and how i can troubleshoot deeper ?

thx,

R

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As yet there is no SHR Reference Guide.  The best you get is a few commands referenced at the end of the SHR 9.40 Administration Guide.

The "-15" error code is a general code - often indicating that there was no data to process.  You could try using the "extract" command to collect the data from the RTSM views - this should get data into the ~/collect directory.  (If not, check the topologycollector.log for errors and ensure you have deployed the required views into the RTSM and the connection to the topology source OK.) If there is data from the RTSM (CMDB) in the ~/collect directory, then use the "collect" command to process it.

Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

i've asked similar questions, as we are just implementing SHR 9.4, with no previous experience with SHR. From cases i've had opened with this product, HP advised R&D have internal documents around command line tools etc, but they are "working" on making a customer version. If we can get enough people asking and subscribing to this topic, perhaps we can get the ugency of releasing this bumped up.

cheers.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.