Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

setup Websphere Application Server (v7) monitor on SiS 11.01

I posted this on the Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum and I wanan try my luck here to see if anyone can help me.

Abhijeet advised about the version of jar, I copy the jar from where the WAS is to the sitescope server, so the version should not be a problem.

ORG MSG

=========

I need to setup monitors for WAS7 on SiS 11.01. The Sitescope installed on a Win Server 2k8 r2; the WAS7 installed on RHEL6.

I followed the instructions from the PDF come with the SiS package (like get the jar and jks files from WAS) to setup the environment on the SiS server.

I enabled the PMI with MAX counters on the WAS Admin Console.

I can connect to the target machine's soap port with telnet from the SiS server but I can't get the counters with the following error:

Please help to get me through this!! Thanks

Here is the error log:

2012-07-20 17:10:52,617 [http-8080-Processor24] (APIMonitor.java:1341) ERROR - Failed to get class property details for property: availableCountersHierarchical in monitor type: WebSphereMonitor
COM.freshtech.SiteScopeException.SiteScopeOperatio

nalException: Error Code: 31008. Error Description: Error getting counters : Could not make a connection to WebSphere Application Server. Please check the connection properties, verify that the application server is running and try again (See the logs for details)
at com.mercury.sitescope.api.APIMonitor.getClassProperty(APIMonitor.java:3445)
at com.mercury.sitescope.api.APIMonitor.getClassPropertyDetails(APIMonitor.java:1319)
at com.mercury.sitescope.platform.configmanager.CountersTreeManager.getAvailableCounters(CountersTreeManager.java:109)
at com.mercury.sitescope.platform.configmanager.CountersTreeManager.getCountersTree(CountersTreeManager.java:55)
at com.mercury.sitescope.api.MonitorProxy.getAvailableCounters(MonitorProxy.java:420)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.mercury.util.proxy.servlet.RemoteProxyServlet.doPost(RemoteProxyServlet.java:60)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at com.mercury.sitescope.web.servlet.filter.AuthenticationFilterBase.doFilter(AuthenticationFilterBase.java:82)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at com.mercury.topaz.webinfra.filters.UserStatsLogFilter.doFilter(UserStatsLogFilter.java:113)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at com.mercury.sitescope.web.servlet.filter.MLUFilter.doFilter(MLUFilter.java:54)
at com.mercury.sitescope.web.servlet.filter.SecurityContentFilter.doFilter(SecurityContentFilter.java:62)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:524)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at com.mercury.sitescope.web.tomcat.valves.RequestParametersParserValve.invoke(RequestParametersParserValve.java:45)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

=========

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Keep same credentials for server and WAS Admin console.

Import the WAS server certificate to SiteScope.

In WAS Admin console , enable PMI and in Statistic set check "Custom".. after that you need to restart them in console.

If you have copied all files , this will work perfectly
Regards,
Janardhan
#Be the change, you want to see#
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hello HP_eOPS,

PFA WAS 7 troubleshooting guide with complete isntructions step by step. Also, if this is not your first WAS 7 monitor in the SiS instance there is an issue of cert caching where the cert for other WAS instance is used instead of correct one. I'm attaching a doc that explains how to correct that as well. 

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi HP_eOPS,

Do you still experience configuration problems with WAS monitor?

If does, are you able to connect via 3rd party tool to WebSphere?

Do you have any exceptions related in RunMonitor.log too?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.