Commodore
Commodore

sisconfig failing deployment of template

Jump to solution

I am having problems where sisconfig keeps failing during deployment of our templates.  In particular a ping template.  It started failing on the 70th record of 683.  I removed the 70th record and restarted sisconfig.  It now gets to the next group of 10, but fails again.  I tried this a couple different times.

SiteScope Version: 11.33.521 64-bit JVM, Build 437

OMi version: 10.62

OpsAgent version: 11.11.025

sisconfig version: 1.00.10

The error message I am getting is as follows:

Mar 9, 2018 9:57:34 AM;313;12;com.hp.ov.xpl.log.OvLogger;logMessage;com.hp.ov.opr.sisconfig;SEVERE;java.lang.Exception: Failed to publish template changes for template: 'Deployed from HP Monitoring Automation/ourOMiServer.OURDOMAIN.com/Ping (Monitoring Automation Templates)/Ping'. ErrorMsg from SiS: Error occurred while publishing template changes: Error Code: 55703.  Error Description: Failed to update deployed entity Bad destination path. No group named Ping on BADSERVERNAME.OURDOMAIN.com was found, com.mercury.sitescope.api.configuration.exception.ExternalServiceAPIException

Some other log entries of note that appear before the message above:
Mar 9, 2018 9:57:34 AM;309;12;com.hp.ov.xpl.log.OvLogger;logMessage;com.hp.ov.opr.sisconfig;INFO;connect to remote servers: true
Mar 9, 2018 9:57:34 AM;310;12;com.hp.ov.xpl.log.OvLogger;logMessage;com.hp.ov.opr.sisconfig;INFO;delete on update: false
Mar 9, 2018 9:57:34 AM;311;12;com.hp.ov.xpl.log.OvLogger;logMessage;com.hp.ov.opr.sisconfig;INFO;BEGIN_API publishTemplateChanges()
Mar 9, 2018 9:57:34 AM;312;12;com.hp.ov.xpl.log.OvLogger;logMessage;com.hp.ov.opr.sisconfig;INFO;END_API publishTemplateChanges() failed

TIA.

Kevin.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Kevin,

From the first error I can see that the deployment is complaining about a group named "Ping", that is not part of BADSERVERNAME.OURDOMAIN.com.

You will need first to verify that there are no node groups on OMi side named "Ping" and the same do not exist into SIS.

If by any reason on OMi there are nodes or groups that do not longer exist on SIS, you will see this kind of errors.

Regards,

Edward Campos Monge.
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Kevin,

From the first error I can see that the deployment is complaining about a group named "Ping", that is not part of BADSERVERNAME.OURDOMAIN.com.

You will need first to verify that there are no node groups on OMi side named "Ping" and the same do not exist into SIS.

If by any reason on OMi there are nodes or groups that do not longer exist on SIS, you will see this kind of errors.

Regards,

Edward Campos Monge.
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”

View solution in original post

Commodore
Commodore

Edward - thank you for your reply.  I will see about determining if there are Nodes in OMi that no longer exist in SiS.

kevin.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.