Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Commander
Commander

snmp monitor help for openmanage

Jump to solution

trying to monitor physical drives using snmp monitor and the return status 4 has duplicate meaning- in some cases its firmware in need of an upgrade- we only want to alert on non-firmware issues.

was using both the built in snmp monitor and a custome script that basically runs the following command to get return values - want to know how to combine the two into one monitor or if there is a better way. thanks

snmpwalk -v2c -c mcomsnmp mdc2pr003 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10893.1.20.130.4.1.23

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi ,

I have created SNMP monitors for one of the customer . There can be two ways you can monitor SNMP traps:

1) if you have correct OIDs to be monitored. Make sure port 161 and 162 are opened for SNMP.

2) Other way can be using SNMP by MIB . if you have MIB file for your network device.

Let me know if this help to you. I can share more details with you

Regards,

Ravi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

The problem I see is that your command does snmp WALK, while monitor only does GET. I may not be understanding correctly what your script does, your monitor can also get that Object ID only.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Commander
Commander

thanks for the response. Do you know if anyone is monitoring snmp devices using a different method than the snmpwalk command I posted? how do you manage devices for openmanage in your environment? I appreciate any suggestions or information offered -

Thanks

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class

Hi ,

I have created SNMP monitors for one of the customer . There can be two ways you can monitor SNMP traps:

1) if you have correct OIDs to be monitored. Make sure port 161 and 162 are opened for SNMP.

2) Other way can be using SNMP by MIB . if you have MIB file for your network device.

Let me know if this help to you. I can share more details with you

Regards,

Ravi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Ravi

sorry for taking so long to get back to you! thanks for the info-and yes I would love to know a little more about how you did your setup when/if you have time to share. Thanks again for your time and for responding.

Sarah

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class

I did my setup using above two methods mentioned in my last post.

like as if you want to measure free disk space for a device. it would have an OID associated with it. so menion the serv er name on which disk space need to be checked and then correct OID and set the thresholds accordingly .

I think it would help you else I can explain you more also. Feel free to write me on ravisingla077@gmail.com

Regards,

Ravi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.