New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

ttd.exe : Failed to attach to file

Hi folks

Post Windows patching at the weekend I have two omw agents failing to start up properly due to components failing , namely the misrv, ttd and ttsrv components. The corresponding services are also not running (PA MeasurementInterface & PA Transaction Manager)

status.ttd shows multiple entries for

"C:\Program Files\HP\HP BTO Software\bin\ttd.exe: 08/23/16 12:34:35
Server: Failed to attach to file"

but what file would it be attempting to attach to ?

An informational event is appearing in e the Windows application event log (event id 119) but with little detail

i.e. "The description for Event ID 119 from source TTService cannot be found"

Status.mi file isn't showing any errors

the servers are Win 2012 r2 the agents are v 11.11

Anyone experienced similar ? or have any ideas about what's going on ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Hi,

What patch or hotfix do you installed in your server? Were there any errors or problems during the install?

Are only the PA related processes ( misrv, ttd, ttsrv ) and PA services like PA Alarm Generator PA Collector, and all the remaining starting with PA?

First troubleshooting step is trying an agent restart with opcagt-restart

What type of error do you receive when trying to start PA services manually? 

What is the output of opcagt -status command?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

The windows updates were applied to dozens of OV agented servers and went smoothly, this has only affected 2 servers. As per my original post the agents are fine apart from the 3 components mentioned. And yes, I've -killed and -cleanstarted the agent. Really just after some insight into what ttd.exe is trying to do under the bonnet with file access I did see a couple of issues years ago now where Windows updates would muck about with folder ACLs which resulted in this sort of problem...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.