Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

upgrade of OA agent from OMi

OMI 10.62 monitoring 1000 servers using OA agent 12.04 and had deployed various MPs.

We need to upgrade OA agent version to 12.06, so I followed below link,

https://docs.microfocus.com/OMi/10.63/Content/OMi/AdminGuide/AgtNodes/manage_depl.htm

to upload OA packages to OMI DB and then remotely deploy OA package to node.

I found agent has been upgraded to 12.06 and all are running fine, however I see there are no events from MP.

Once I remove MT and then manually assigned MT, I see events are arriving.

Is this an known issue which can be solved.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Ramesh,

I hope you are doing well,

This is not expected, you should be able to continue working with the OA without redeploy anything.

You need to check if for some reason the policies were remove after the upgrade or if the instrumentation is missing.

But my recomendation will be to open a case with Microfocus Software support to understan why this is happening.

Regards,

Edward Campos Monge.
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

i run into a similar issue once. the message queue files are converted during a upgrade to fit for the new version. we got a few agents with corrupt queue files and after the upgrade there are troubles with forwarding the events to the OML server. a opcagt -cleanstart may do the trick. if not try to delete the queue files manually in /var/opt/OV/tmp/OpC.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.