Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

upload Operations Agent deployment packages to OBM failing

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

We have OMI 10.63 ip 4 in our environment. 

i am trying to achieve to upgrade agent through OMI console.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Manager:2020.05/ManageDepl

on gateway server, while uploading agent through  opr-package-manager.bat file getting below error.

E:\HPBSM\opr\bin>opr-package-manager.bat -username admin -password admin -upload_packages OVO-Agent.xml -input "E:\Software\OA agent 12.11\OA agent 12.11\packages\WIN\Windows_X64" -platform WIN
INFO: Looking for bundle descriptor file: OVO-Agent.xml in path: E:\Software\OA agent 12.11\OA agent 12.11\packages\WIN\Windows_X64
INFO: Uploading bundle/patches/hotfixes for the following platforms [WIN]
INFO: Uploading package from directory E:\Software\OA agent 12.11\OA agent 12.11\packages\WIN\Windows_X64
ERROR: IO error. Reason: SocketException: Software caused connection abort:
socket write error.
Operation completed successfully.

Please help to rectify it.

Regards,

Nilesh

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Thats an classic. I wonder that MF is not able to update the documentation with this issue.

i run into this long time ago. here the solution of MF Support

Edit /opt/HP/BSM/WebServer/conf/httpd.conf and change LimitRequestBody to the new value to 1000 megabytes like below.
LimitRequestBody 1000000000
Restart the Apache Web Server: /opt/HP/BSM/WebServer/bin/apache2restart.sh
For Windows machine : restart HPOperationsManageriWebServer services. //OMi restart is not required.
If package registration fails again try with increased value of LimitRequestBody.
Please note that after OMi reconfiguration value for LimitRequestBody  will updated from infrastructure setting .
Apply workaround after reconfiguration.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

i have tried this also.

E:\HPBSM\opr\bin>opr-package-manager.bat -username admin -password admin -upload_packages "E:\Software\OA agent 12.11\OA agent 12.11\packages\WIN\Windows_X64\OVO-Agent.xml" -input "E:\Software\OA agent 12.11\OA agent 12.11\packages\" -platform WIN

E:\HPBSM\opr\bin>

no error coming but package not uploaded

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Thats an classic. I wonder that MF is not able to update the documentation with this issue.

i run into this long time ago. here the solution of MF Support

Edit /opt/HP/BSM/WebServer/conf/httpd.conf and change LimitRequestBody to the new value to 1000 megabytes like below.
Restart the Apache Web Server: /opt/HP/BSM/WebServer/bin/apache2restart.sh
For Windows machine : restart HPOperationsManageriWebServer services. //OMi restart is not required.
If package registration fails again try with increased value of LimitRequestBody.
Please note that after OMi reconfiguration value for LimitRequestBody  will updated from infrastructure setting .
Apply workaround after reconfiguration.

View solution in original post

Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hello @andreask ,

Is below value present in bytes ..?

NileshX_0-1593416642667.png

So i need to convert it into MB..

Regards,

Nilesh

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

This is for 1GB:

So no transformation needed. I think its bytes.

Fleet Admiral

Just another idea.

extract the iso and delete in package folders the folders of packages you dont need, like linux on PPC or AIX... makes upload smaller.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.