Advantages of monitoring of servers in OMi over NNMi (through SNMP service)
What are the list of all advantages in monitoring of servers in OMi over monitoring them via SNMP in NNMi. As we have certain servers currently monitored in NNMi through SNMP service and need to migrate the monitoring of them to OMi. I need to submit the list of OMi monitoring advantages to the management to make that decision. Any official MicroFocus whitepaper/documentation that lists the advantages and benefits of OMi monitoring over NNMi monitoring in terms of Node monitoring, Interface monitoring, availability and capacity reporting etc
Re: Advantages of monitoring of servers in OMi over NNMi (through SNMP service)
Monitoring servers using OBM (earlier OMi) is not same as monitoring through SNMP in NNMi. I dont think, we cant even compare the OMi features which it provides. Better to start with OMi documentation and its features , You can start with below link
If its specific to server monitoring, I can quickly list out some of the features which i use.
1) Agent based monitoring (which can collect more than 200 type of metrics from a single server) or even agent less monitoring using the sitescope solution.
2) You can have real time or historical performance graphs which you can use for futher analysis.
3) Monitoring Templates (you can have 100's of policies which you can customize as per your needs).
4) Management packs, Specific to the type of Services running in your server (SQL, Oracle, AD, Exchange etc).
5) Reporting (Availability reports, Heat charts, perforance reports, Capacity reports etc) through OBR.
Basically, everything is different when you start monitoring servers through OBM, Not to mention there are many other features specific to OBM which are on event management side (like event management, correlation rules, HI, KPIs, Monitoring dashboards. Hope this helps.