Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
baggord Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

AlwaysOn System with MultiSubnet Failover

Jump to solution

Hello,

We are going to move OMi Databases to AlwaysOn DB. So, I need to change OMi configs to point new database. I've entered DB Listener's Name by using Configuration Wizard in OMiGW and OMiDPS.

However, our alwaysOn System is using multisubnet failover. We have 2 different sites and 2 different subnets.

I've tried to enter "multiSubnetFailover=true;" parameter in "ConnectionString" line in "BSM\conf\topaz.config" file. It wasn't a successful try though.

Result: I've restarted OMiDPS and OMiGW after running Disable Operations Manager i as Administrator.  After restart, all services and process are started and running according to Operations Manager i Status. Now, I'm getting the error below and can't login to OMi. 

omi.PNG

Can you help? Do you have any clue about the cause of  the problem and how should I configure multi subnet failover?

Edit: Even though all seems working in Operations Manager i Status, "nannyManager.exe doesn't start" in OMiDPS and OMiGW, I'm getting this error from SiteScope. 

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.. KAKA_2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: AlwaysOn System with MultiSubnet Failover

Jump to solution

AlwaysOn System with MultiSubnet is not supported. We submitted an ER year ago but have not heard back anything on that. -KAKA-

0 Likes
3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. KAKA_2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

AlwaysOn System with MultiSubnet is not supported. We submitted an ER year ago but have not heard back anything on that. -KAKA-

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks for the reply, KAKA. I opened a case today about this issue. The reply was same as yours, OMi doesn't support multi subnet failover.

In my case I made the configuration, OMi is currently working (sort of). Still, I get DB connection errors sometimes. It doesn't resolve the listener's name right. I'll try again by updating JDBC driver tomorrow and update this topic.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Update: It didn't work. OMi does support AlwaysOn but does not support multiSubnetFailOver.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.