Absent Member.. craig bocock Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Amazon Web Services - OMi Management Pack

Hi,

I have installed the community supported HP OMi Management Pack for Amazon Web services on my OMi 10.10 IP1 instance. 

The guide is sadly lacking in the permissions i require in AWS for the user that is utilised to gather the metrics and events. Could anyone please advise a profile or set of access permissions that is required to make this plug-in work.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sultan Raja Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Amazon Web Services - OMi Management Pack

Hello Craig,

The access key and secret key of particular account should have permission to query EC2 and CloudWatch.

Regards,

Sultan.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. craig bocock Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks for the reply Sultan.

I don't suppose by chance you are aware of any more detailed information around this ?

For instance the uCMDB adapter for AWS highlights specific actions that are executed which is straight forward to supply to those managing my cloud environment and gives them more confidence in actioning such changes.

Regards,

Craig

0 Likes
Sultan Raja Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Craig,

Management Pack gathers data about 

• Regions
  • Availability Zones
  • EC2 Instances and meta data
  • Cloud Watch Metrics for EC2

Hope it helps. 

Regards,

Sultan.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.