Highlighted
jalonso Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Backup assignment and tunning data

Hello Experts,

I have an OMi 10.63 environment with several Operations Agents and I am interested in extracting the assingment and tunning information including paratemers and instance values for all deployment. We are going to use this extraction as a backup of all our deployments parametrizations and for reporting pruposes.

I have not found documentation regarding database schema and version 10.63 seems that this cannot be done with command line.

Do you know any way to achive this?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. andreask Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Backup assignment and tunning data

My customer needed some thing similar. a desired state report for all OA Agents. Also a history of changes in deployment is covered. checks for multible assignments, version mismatch, autoassignmets are deployed correctly and much more. but i didnt cover policy parameters yet.

To get this done i simply use the cmd to get this done:

opr-node -rc_file $RCFILE -no_agent_check -node_config_report -node_list $NODE

there is also the possibility to download policy parameters. check here:

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Manager:2019.05/CliMaWorkflow

0 Likes
jalonso Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Thanks for your reply.
We have OMi 10.63, the node_config_report is availailable on version 10.63 IP2 and the possibility to show paramaters and instances on the report is included on 2018.05.
Unfortunately we do not plan to migrate in the short term so we need to face this problematic on version 10.63.

Regards
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. andreask Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

As a possible workaround  you can download the policy parameter files from the agents itself with like e.g.

ovdeploy -ovrg server -download -dir /var/opt/OV/datafiles/policies/monitortmpl  -node $NODE -td /backup/$NODE

and archive them. thats the way i would try do accomplish this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.