Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

CREATE NEW DATASOURCE AND CUSTOM METRIC - CODA - OMi 10

Hello,

I Developed an aplication that use a measurement threshold and have one Program Source.

So in my application I run opcmon policyname=value -option var=test.

Now I'm developing another application.

The problem is when I need to have more than one Program Source like this:coda.PNG

The first problem is How to use opcmon to populate each metric correctly?

(Because in opcmon I only pass the policy name)

The secon problem is How to populate string in metrics like CISPI of Cluster:

coda_cluster_metric.PNG

Someone could help me?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: CREATE NEW DATASOURCE AND CUSTOM METRIC - CODA - OMi 10

The first problem is How to use opcmon to populate each metric correctly?

(Because in opcmon I only pass the policy name)

The data source and metric has nothing to do with the Policy name. it is being stored using "Store in coda" section including next 3 lines on your screenshot.

The secon problem is How to populate string in metrics like CISPI of Cluster:

Cluster SPI does monitoring and data collection separately. data collection part is perl script based and uses  Policy objects like "$Policy->StoreCollection" to store the data but it does not mean that you cant get it done the way you are doing.

have you already deployed this policy on node? if yes what is the output of "ovcodautil -showds"? if previous command shows you BVMF in result then run "ovcodautil -dumpds BVMF" and share the output.

HTH
-KAKA-

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.