Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Change HI Status (and the corresponding KPI) without a new Event

Hi all,

I've setup some policies to import events from external sources.

Some of these sources do not send a closing event, so I only have the opening event with the corresponding ETI (for example CPULoad:Critical).

Now the question is: how can I change the status of that HI (and the sorresponding KPI) without having another event but, for example, with a TBEA? I've set a policy that set severity "Normal", but it resolves nothing because the ETI is always CPULoad:Critical.

Ideas other than "reset the HI via REST API" that is not possible?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Change HI Status (and the corresponding KPI) without a new Event

Hi,

TBEA sounds good. Also you said that you set policy that send normal event so can’t you send a new ETI value with it as well? Or create a mapping rule that will change the state of the HI when the normal event comes.   

Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Ehi,

unfortunatelly TBEA only allows me to edit some fields, and ETI is not one of them...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Ok but TBEA can run a scrip and I suppose that script can be to run the SH REST API and reset the HI.

Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Yep, but one of my constraint was "no REST API": no user interface to make changes to, something un-maintenable to someone who doesn't know groovy... 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.