Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. SuperCoolNothin Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Changing permissions for single user in BSM 9.24 with LDAP enabled

We have LDAP enabled in our installation of 9.24 on W2008R2.

I need to grant one admin higher rights than the other admins, namely access to the RTSM functions.

The options to do this are greyed out when I try. Any idea why this is?

Do I need to disable the LDAP integration first, then assign the new permissions and then re-enable the LDAP?

Regards,

SCN.

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Changing permissions for single user in BSM 9.24 with LDAP enabled

LDAP integration has nothing to do with permissions in BSM. LDAP is only used for authentication purposes.

You may want to provide a screenshot of the problem to make it a bit more clear.

Frequent Contributor.. SuperCoolNothin Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Dmitry,

You are right, so here we go then.

I'm accessing the Users and Permissions area:

And my user is a member of our Administrator group:

This group has NO RTSM permissions as I don't want them messing with my modelling etc. However I have one guy that is lead Admin and will need ot be able to search for CI's in the RTSM. So I want to add that function to him only.

Context is RTSM, CI Search:

All the roles are greyed out so I cannot edit those, perhaps I don't need to:

Though I can add the Full Control Operation for this function no problem:

Even after logging out and back in, the user cannot see any items under Admin RTSM.

So how is it done?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You may consider giving him access to "ITU Manager" and/or "Modeling Studio" items. Otherwise, where do you expect him to perform CI search?

Alternatively you can give this user also full control over "RTSM" item (the one above "CI Search").

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.