Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Deployment of custom instrumentation

Jump to solution

OMI 10.62

I need to deploy custom instrumentation with few scripts to Linux servers and I followed below,

1.   Created instrumentation directory using ConfigExchange.sh
2.  Copied the script to relevant directories based on OS version
3.  Ran ConfigExchange.sh with -upload and -force option to upload the instrumentation.

Now I was able to see the instrumentation when I try to create new policy or aspect.

I assigned the instrumentation to measurement threshold policy and deployed, however I was not able to see the scripts under "instrumentation" directory

I assigned the instrumentation to an aspect and deployed and end-result is same, no scripts.

I assigned the aspect to MT and deployed and end-result is same. In all cases I was deploying from GUI.

Am I doing something wrong.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Deployment of custom instrumentation

Jump to solution

Dear All

Issue was with placement of script within specified directory in created custom instrumentation folder. Once the scripts are placed in correct directory, it worked.

0 Likes
2 Replies
kevin_cascante_06 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Ramesh,

I hope you are doing fine

One possible cause could be that the user used to create the Instrumentation does not have all the permissions.

Another cause could be that a variable is missing at the moment you execute the command to create or upload the instrumentation.

You can check some of the examples available on the OMi Extensibility Guide at Chapter 35: ConfigExchange Command-Line Interface, page 289

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/km/KM02673666/OMi_10.60_Extensibility_Guide.pdf

Or you can use the command: ConfigExchange.bat –ex and compare the command you used with some examples.

Kindly Regards,

Kevin Cascante

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Dear All

Issue was with placement of script within specified directory in created custom instrumentation folder. Once the scripts are placed in correct directory, it worked.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.