Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Outstanding Contributor.. JimiT Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Enable TLS using CA certificate

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just need some extra information to enabling TLS for OMi, what should the CA Certificate contain for the DPS server?

This document has it clear what to do on the GW Servers, though need more info on what needs to be done for the DPS Server when running the configuration wizard and importing the CA Certificate.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Manager_i:10.63/OMi/AdminGuide/Hardening/obtain_server_certs

It only mentions the following for the DPS:

"Obtaining Certificates for the Data Processing Server

The server certificates for the data processing server are used when connecting to the JMX console."

My Question is:

Should the GW Certificate, enable TLS during the gateway config-server-wizard also contain SANs entries for the DPS Server FQDN hostnames (Primary and Failover) and be used for the time when configuring the DPS Servers?

- or -

Do I need to request a seperate certificate for the DPS Servers, or will requesting another CA Cert for the DPS's clash when attempting to upload certificate during the Enable TLS of the config wizard on the DPS? 

Kind Regards

Jim

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Don't forget to Kudo!!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Enable TLS using CA certificate

Jump to solution

Ok I found the answer by setting up my Lab...

Cheers

Jim

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Don't forget to Kudo!!
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Enable TLS using CA certificate

Jump to solution

Ok I found the answer by setting up my Lab...

Cheers

Jim

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.