Contributor.. Parish Contributor..
Contributor..

How do I restrict the notification emails to one for Open Message Interface policy events

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have setup notification to get an email when an event appears in the browser. I want only one email while the monitor for the event still shows the threshold being crossed. I am not able to accomplish this with "Open Message Interface" Policy templates.

Example of a template working the way I want it:
I setup a "Service/Process Monitoring" policy for sendmail to check if its running. When I stop sendmail, I get an event in the browser and a notification email indicating that sendmail is NOT running. (this is good). I leave sendmail down for the entire day. On each subsequent polling cylce OMi checks to see if sendmail is running. It is, of course, not so OMi keeps the event open and doesn't send me any additional emails. (This is perfect)

I am unable to accomplish this with the "Open Message Interface" policy. I want to check for ReadOnly filesystems, so I create a "Open Message Interface" policy for it. I setup a "Scheduled Task" policy template to run a script every 10 minutes on the node. I deploy both policies to the server. I then mount a filesystem as ReadOnly (-o ro) on the node. The scheduled script catches it and executes an "opcmsg" command to generate an event. The event shows up in the OMI event browser and a notification email is sent to me indicating that the node has a ReadOnly filesystem. (this is good). I leave the filesystem as readonly for the entire day. On each subsequent polling cylce the script checks for ReadOnly filesystems. The same one still is readonly so OMi keeps the newest event open in the browser and closes each older one, which is good, except I, also, get an email notification each time which I don't want.

Can restricting the emails to one for Open Message Interface policies be accomplished in the GUI?
Is there something that needs to be tweaked on my Open Message Interface Policy?

Anonymous
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Ryan Ferreri Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: How do I restrict the notification emails to one for Open Message Interface policy events

Jump to solution

Why is the previous day's event closing when the new one comes in? Have you tried setting an event key in the Open Message Policy rules and allowing the event to duplicate? If you do this, you shouldn't get a new notification.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Ryan Ferreri Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: How do I restrict the notification emails to one for Open Message Interface policy events

Jump to solution

Why is the previous day's event closing when the new one comes in? Have you tried setting an event key in the Open Message Policy rules and allowing the event to duplicate? If you do this, you shouldn't get a new notification.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.