Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. FrankMortensen Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Licence expire warnings after upgrading OBM

Jump to solution

Hi,

In June we upgraded a fully licensed OBM Classic installation from 10.63 to 10.80 (2019.05) in a test environment. Now we suddenly get a license expire warning message when logging into the OBM console. The warning states:

"The following licenses are about to expire: [Advanced Implicit, Remote Implicit, Standard Implicit, OBM Management Pack Implicit Instant-On]. See the  License Management page  for details."

When I click on the License Management link in the warning message, I see in the OBM section that all our *permanent* licenses for "Event Management Foundation", "Topology-Based Event Correlation", "OpsBridge Ultimate" and "Monitoring Automation for Composite Applications" are still installed. In the MANAGEMENT PACK section, however, there is an evaluation license installed that expires in late August. I assume that this is what creates that warning message?

Can we safely ignore this warning? Furthermore, can I uninstall/remove this evaluation license now, so that we do not get those warning messages?

We do not use any specific management packs in our environment.

BR,
Frank Mortensen

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.. Harald Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Licence expire warnings after upgrading OBM

Jump to solution

Hello @FrankMortensen ,

same happened to us some time ago. You can either:

• ignore the message and wait until the license expires
  • use a jmx method to remove all licenses and add your full licenses again
    (not sure if this is supported 😉

2 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Harald Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello @FrankMortensen ,

same happened to us some time ago. You can either:

• ignore the message and wait until the license expires
  • use a jmx method to remove all licenses and add your full licenses again
    (not sure if this is supported 😉

Acclaimed Contributor.. FrankMortensen Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Harald.

I prefer to just wait then. We can live with the message per se, as long as it is not likely to cause any functional problems when the evaluation license reaches its due date. In this case it is a test system nonetheless, which makes it even more acceptable. But I assume that we will face the same issue when upgrading the production system later this autumn.

Cheers,
Frank

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.