Outstanding Contributor.. JimiT Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Local Impact Views in OMi?

Jump to solution

How? (as I bang my head on my desk and ask myself how and then why?)

The document states there are LIV's but when i look - where is there any option, any option at all to create a LIV?

The online documentation states as follows, it the documentation completely off track and wrong?

Administration Guide > Service Health > CI Status Alerts Administration > CI Status Alerts Attached to CIs in Local Impact Views

CI Status Alerts Attached to CIs in Local Impact Views

You can select a local impact view and create a CI Status alert for a CI in that view in the same way you create a CI Status alert for a CI in a global view. For details on building a local impact view, see KPIs in Views.

The CI Status alerts assigned to a CI in a local impact view are only attached to the CI in that view, they are not attached to the CI in global views. For example, if you add alert A to CI A in a global view, and then you want to add alerts to CI A in a local impact view, you do not see alert A attached to CI A in the local impact view. In the same way, if you add alert B to CI B in a local impact view, and you want to add alerts to CI B in a global view, you do not see alert B in the global view.

For task details on adding CI Status alerts to a local impact view, see How to Create a CI Status Alert Scheme and Attach it to a CI.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Don't forget to Kudo!!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Local Impact Views in OMi?

Jump to solution

LIVs are no longer available in OMi, this must be a documentation defect.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

LIVs are no longer available in OMi, this must be a documentation defect.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JimiT Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

far out - "read the manual" they said, I read the manual from cover to cover - no wonder I've been banging my head - now i got to go back to the drawing board!

thanks for your response.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Don't forget to Kudo!!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

Just to add to what Mamta said.

Instead of LIV in Omi 10 there is the “KPIs in Views” functionality in which you select which KPIs to see and impact your service health. This is the alternative to local impact views now.

Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
rasto danis Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

funny, i banged my head few days ago with same question about LIVs. someone in hp should read the docs they release., there are many more similar issues.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.