Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Logging OMi events in an ASCII file

Jump to solution

We are running OMi 10.12.103 on Linux server in the distributed environment with 2 gateway & 2 DPS servers using a Load balancer. OML acting as the data collector & forwarding all the alerts to OMi for ticketing in service desk application. Would like to log all the alerts processed in OMi into an ASCII file to have a better control on the alert flow with some attributes like message ID, etc.
I know the following logs will have the data, but dont see the fruitful info.
opr-gateway.log (GTW side)
opr-backend.log (DPS side)

Is there any utility/groovy script available to log the events in an ASCII file on the server (or) any way to achive this.

Thanks,

Ram.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Logging OMi events in an ASCII file

Jump to solution

You create a connected server of type External Event Processing and pick up a groovy script that you develop for your purposes. You can use the sample Logfile Adapter groovy script as a basis to develop your own script.

Then you create a forwarding rule to define which events should be forwarded to this connected server.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

If the standard logging (even in DEBUG mode) is not "fruitful" enough for you, you have to develop what you want yourself. Have a look at using Logfile Adapter sample groovy script as part of Extenral Event Processing framework provided by OMi. For all the technical details please refer to "Integrating External Event Processes Using Groovy Scripts" chapter in the OMi Extensibility guide.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response.

I just need to filter only the of alerts thats been forwarded to "Event forwarding rules" for auto-ticketing. Is that possible ?

Also, how does the LogfileAdapter works. Does it logs all events in a logfile for all incoming events in OMi.

Thanks,

Ram.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Event forwarding rules are equally applicable to all external forwarding, no matter how such forwarding is implemeneted, i.e. sending events to some external tool for auto-ticketing or just storing events in a text file. So it's your responsibility to define event filter that will only pick up events you want to be forwarded to the Logfile Adapter.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks Dmitry. I have the event forwarding rule using the criteria of custom attribute "ForwardToTroubleticket=true" to connect with "connected server" for auto-ticketing. My requirement is to store all the alerts in a file that has the custom attribute value "ForwardToTroubleticket=true". Please shed some light on how this can be achieved.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

You create a connected server of type External Event Processing and pick up a groovy script that you develop for your purposes. You can use the sample Logfile Adapter groovy script as a basis to develop your own script.

Then you create a forwarding rule to define which events should be forwarded to this connected server.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks, I have managed to get the TroubleTicket events in the integration log.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.