Etan Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

(MP for WebSphere) WebSphere Home path not found. So not starting Collection

My woring environment

1. OMi 10.62 (for Windows)

2. IBM WebSphere 8.5.5.13 (Linux)

3. OA 12.04 (Linux) with MP for WebSphere 1.01

When I deploy the WebSphere base template to WAS Linux, then event browser shows me

WebSphere Home path not found. So not starting Collection

My WebSphere Home = /opt/IBM/WebSphere/Appserver

How to fix it?

thanks

Etan

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.

Re: (MP for WebSphere) WebSphere Home path not found. So not starting Collection

hi,

I ask why not in my case above?

WebSphere Home = /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer

Thanks,

Etan

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: (MP for WebSphere) WebSphere Home path not found. So not starting Collection

Hello Etan, Please ensure that "WebSphere Application Server profile home" parameter configured in the WebSphere Base aspect prior to the deployment. WebSphere Base aspect consists of schedule task aspects but there is no monitoring template/aspect . It is recommended to deploy the Management template like Websphere Server Status, Websphere Servlet Performance, Websphere Transaction Status, Websphere Thread Status to the node as these aspects included with the base aspects as well. Regarding to the Websphere MP metric collection, JMX and PMI Data collection needs to be enabled on the Websphere Server A:To enable JMX on WebSphere Application Server do these steps: 1. Ensure that WebSphere Application Server is started and then log in to the WebSphere Administrative Console. 2. Click Servers > Server Types > WebSphere application server and then click server1, where server1 is your application server name. 3. In the Server Infrastructure section, click Java and Process Management > Process definition. 4. In the Additional Properties section, click Java Virtual Machine. 5. Add the following line to the Generic JVM arguments section: -Dcom.ibm.team.server.monitoring.mbean.server=WebSphere 6. Click OK and click Save directly to the master configuration when prompted B: To Enable PMI Data collection to “ALL” using the below article https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSAW57_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/ae/tprf_pmi_encoll.html Regards, Justin
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Etan,

Please ensure that "WebSphere Application Server profile home" parameter configured in the WebSphere Base aspect prior to the deployment.

WebSphere Base aspect consists of  schedule task aspects but there is no monitoring template/aspect . 

It is recommanded to deploy the Management template like Websphere Server Status, Websphere Servlet Performance, Websphere Transaction Status,  WebsphereThread Status to the node as these aspects included with the base aspects as well.

Regarding to the Websphere MP metric collection, JMX and PMI Data collection needs to be enabled on the Websphere Server i.e

A:To enable JMX on WebSphere Application Server do these steps:

1.    Ensure that WebSphere Application Server is started and then log in to the WebSphere Administrative Console.

2.    Click Servers > Server Types > WebSphere application server and then click server1, where server1 is your application server name.

3.    In the Server Infrastructure section, click Java and Process Management > Process definition.

4.    In the Additional Properties section, click Java Virtual Machine.

5.    Add the following line to the Generic JVM arguments section:

-Dcom.ibm.team.server.monitoring.mbean.server=WebSphere

6.    Click OK and click Save directly to the master configuration when prompted

B: To Enable PMI Data collection to “ALL” using the below article

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSAW57_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/ae/tprf_pmi_encoll.html

Regards,

Justin

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

hi Justin,

My simple question is when I do websphere_configuration to WAS agent, i set websphere_home to /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer in the parameter list. but it fails to complete. The error message is

[13 7 2018 21:41:5] [ERROR] : WebSphere Home path not found. So not starting Collection

how to fix?

etan

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. m_vidyasagar Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Etan,

I struggled weeks on the same issue last year while working on this MP, even though you pass proper Homepath logs shows same error.

Follow the steps shared by JustinJesuraj, it works!!

It worked for me.. I got the same steps from R&D then ...

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Mohd_25 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I have seen issue where the collection stops in between and it never starts, and i used to get same type of error. And i found out that there is a collection log file under websphere folder which is stuck. if we try to delete it, it will not allow us. So we need to find a correspondng java.exe which is trying to modify that file. stop that java.exe and then try to start the collection.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Hi

thanks for your reply.

I found the problem is the WAS running on Linux. It does not start up well.

thanks.

Etan

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

I startup my (Linux 6.7) with WebSphere 5.5.10 with

/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/bin/startServer.sh server1 -profileName AppSrv01

and set the websphere server to = /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer in my template websphere_configuration

then can't find the websphere server path

Etan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.