Migrate BSM 9.24 to OMi 10.63
We have a bsm suite version 9.24 with sitescope, NNM and the hp-oa agents on servers monitored. This suite is installed on 3 servers (GW, DPS and BD). We are planning to migrate this suite to obtain finally an updated environment wih OMi 10.63 without downtimes. I would like to expose our planning to insure this is the better way.
1. Migrate to 9.26 with three new servers using staging mode. Once migrated stop the 9.24 version.
2. Create a cloned 9.26 environment in a new standalone server with disaster recovery and freeze modifications on production environment.
3. Upgrade this cloned environment to OMi 10.10 (in-place upgrade)
4. Upgrade this cloned environment to OMi 10.63 (in-place upgrade)
5. change collectors (sitescope, NNM and hp-oa) to this new environment and close old 9.26 environment
Is this the better way to upgrade. There are something important to keep in mind on all this process?
Re: Migrate BSM 9.24 to OMi 10.63
That process is correct, covers that issues might be encountered during the upgrade process by providing a backup.
Just note that a backup of the Database could be usefull in case of an issue affects the DB,
refer to the OMi instalation/upgrade guide; should be inside the installation package of the product for the 10.10 version.
link to 10.63 install/upgrade guide is below: