bilal,aman Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Monitored Nodes Export option

Hello Experts, 

Is there way i can export the Monitored Nodes  from OBM 2018.05 ? I need a report of all the Nodes where Agent is Installed along with Agent Status  and the Version of Agent Installed . Is there way to export this from Monitored nodes , If not any other way of generating this type of report ?

Regards

Bilal Aman

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Monitored Nodes Export option

Hello

You can run the command 

windows
C:\HPBSM\opr\bin>opr-node -ln -vn "All_CIs_with_OM_Agents" -user admin -pw admin

Linux
# /opt/HP/BSM/opr/bin/opr-node -ln -vn "All_CIs_with_OM_Agents" -user <uname> -pw <password> 

This will get you the Nodes wiht OA installed, to get the OA status, there is no option using the opr tools in OMi

for more options refer to https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Manager:2018.05/OMi/ExtGuide/Command_Line/cli_oprnode

Regards

Outstanding Contributor.. andreask Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hello Bilal,

Thats a bit tricky if you need accurate and "realtime" data.

I created a script to do this.

1) get all Nodes with Agent with this. you need to create rc_file or give username password.

opr-node -rc_file $RCFILE -list_nodes -vn "Hosts with HP Operations Agents" | grep DNS | cut -f2 -d = | tr -d " " | sort

My custoemr run into that that some hosts report a different hostname to the agent then the nodes with was created in OMi.  so i recommend to check this list carefully.

2) create a sript that get Agentversion from Node directly.

command is:

ovdeploy -ovrg server -node $NODE -cmd "opcagt -version"

The value in monitored Nodes is from OMi DB, so may not be accurate.

Alternative use Agent Health View, as the Agent report the data to HV in real time this is always accurrate.

To get the data into a report just use ctrl a and ctrl c at the HV page and paste it into vi. remove the header files and report file is done. also OS is in this csv, too.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. HPMST Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

HI,

From RTSM creat view with the cretaria you want and add to be monitroed by OM

then export the view result 

0 Likes
EdwardOrtega Contributor.
Contributor.

Funciona perfecto en Windows.

@Jose Salgado_OBM wrote:

Hello

You can run the command 

windows
C:\HPBSM\opr\bin>opr-node -ln -vn "All_CIs_with_OM_Agents" -user admin -pw admin

Linux
# /opt/HP/BSM/opr/bin/opr-node -ln -vn "All_CIs_with_OM_Agents" -user <uname> -pw <password> 

This will get you the Nodes wiht OA installed, to get the OA status, there is no option using the opr tools in OMi

for more options refer to https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Manager:2018.05/OMi/ExtGuide/Command_Line/cli_oprnode

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.