Honored Contributor.. Mithilesh_Yadav Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

No Node Down Alerts in OMi 10.12

Dear Experts,

We are not able to see any node down alerts generated in OMi, please let me know how to get it configured.

Note: we created some supression rules but not node down one.

Many Thanks.

Mithilesh

0 Likes
9 Replies
Hao_Vu_OMi Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: No Node Down Alerts in OMi 10.12

Hello Mithilesh,

Did you deploy any policy to the node? 
Can you get helth check value of this node into OMi console?
I think you need to verify the connection between OMi and OA also.

Regards,
Hao

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Mithilesh,

Do you mean node down or agent down events? The OMi heartbeat is designed to check for agent down problems. IF you use agent and server heartbeat check it will try to check the server part as well.  

Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Outstanding Contributor.. JimiT Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

omi does not provide any option for an icmp node check as what om provides ootb.

we've had to use an epi script when we receive internal heartbeat errors to perform a ping test 

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Don't forget to Kudo!!
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Jim

Please can you advise how to did you created epi script for receiving heart-beat check.

Please if you can share us the script.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. ashok411 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi Ramesh,

In omi 10.12 , we dont have any separate heart beat alert like w have in the previous versions of OM...but you will receive an alert when the node is down with the event description "Cannot connect to the node"...

to get this alert when a node is down set the node health status monitoring to "Agent&Server"..

you can create a filter in the event browser with the discription i mentioned above and test it on  a node..

Regards,

Ashok

Outstanding Contributor.. Rupeshkesavan Outstanding Contributor..

Hello,

If you are looking for Ping down, Go for Sitescope and create ping monitor for all the nodes.

Map the Indicator to NodeStatus or Ping Availability to have the System Availability KPI poluated.

The Sitescope doesnt reuqire additional licese and its OSI based license so it all requires is a additional server to install and configure the sitescope.

Or

You can use a custom script to ping the servers and generate alert on scheduled interval. OMi heartbeat mechanism doesnt generate node down alert.

Regards

Rupesh

vinny1 Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Rupesh,

I am on the newly created sitescope server and trying to achieve the node down using PING Alert. 

About licenses : Point based license 

Version 11.40 

Could you please help!  Attached a screenshot I have configured the SMTP to send emails I am not able to get the the reports or an email alert while the node is down. 

Regards.

Bijesh Nair

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Mohd_25 Outstanding Contributor..

From the screenshots, i can see you created a management report. This report will provide statistics of the ping monitor. ( time and errors and other details ). To recieve an email alert or alert you need to configure alerts. Or you can forward the sitescope ping events to Omi and generate an event there for further actions.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. bilal,aman Outstanding Contributor..

Hello Bijesh 

You should be creating a alert for you monitor , What isee from your screen shot , you have configured on Helath group , Do not configure your monitors in health Groups , Create your Groupings on the Sitescope Root and then create Sub groups within it , You can configure alerts on group or an monitor . 

In Alerts you can specify if you want to generate email notifications or other actions , You can also send Event for alert and customize your CEM File depending on how the event should look like in OMi . 

If you want to deploy this on multiple nodes , use the template in SiteScope . Hope this helps

Regards

Bilal Aman

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.