Highlighted
Mel Farber Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

OBM 2018.05 and OA 12.11

Jump to solution

We are running OBM 2018.05 on Linux.  We just installed OA 12.11 on Windows 2016 servers.  OBM accepted the certificate requests from all the systems.  For one server, OBM added it to monitored nodes with agents.  For the others (2) it did not.  I have stopped and restarted the agent, killed the agent, killed ovc, removed and requested a new certificate, but OBM won't list the agents.  bbcutil from OBM to the node works fine and recognizes the agent version.

I know OBM 2018.05 does not support the OA 12.11 agent, but it seems to be able to recognize it.

Any recommendations on getting the agent recognized would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mel

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: OBM 2018.05 and OA 12.11

Jump to solution

I had a similar thing last week.

the way to solve it:

1. go to monitored nodes and find the machine which supposed to be in the "nodes with agent"

2. click the "sync" button and choose this:

clipboard_image_0.png

the OBM will get the agent version in about 15 minutes

All my responses are based on personal experience with MicroFocus products. If you intend to use my replies in production environments - please get a second opinion from official sources. (Support, PS, etc.)
3 Replies

Jump to solution

I had a similar thing last week.

the way to solve it:

1. go to monitored nodes and find the machine which supposed to be in the "nodes with agent"

2. click the "sync" button and choose this:

clipboard_image_0.png

the OBM will get the agent version in about 15 minutes

All my responses are based on personal experience with MicroFocus products. If you intend to use my replies in production environments - please get a second opinion from official sources. (Support, PS, etc.)
Mel Farber Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
OBM now sees the agent version 12.11.007, but doesn't fill in the Agent Edition or Health Check. It gets the policies so it is good enough. Thanks.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

no worries,

those details get filled in later. I'm not entirely sure on what schedule but probably within 24H

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.