Highlighted
Ryan Ferreri Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

OBM Self Monitoring Content Pack

I have installed the OMi Content Pack - Contrib_OMi_Server_Monitoring v2.21, specifically to monitor the JVM heap usage. It appears to be collecting data, but on my Gateway it's only pulling data for the jboss and odb JVM's. 

Anyone else using this, and if so, is it pulling heap data for WDE?

0 Likes
3 Replies
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: OBM Self Monitoring Content Pack

Ryan

It works for me on OMI 10.62 but after making few changes, yes it collects JVM usage for WDE as well on gateway.

Please have a look the policy OMi JVM Heap Metrics Collector, it collects data from below log file,

omihome/log/*/jvm_statistics.log

I remember pattern matching in the script is not matching with log lines, hence it was not collected, once corrected it started collecting.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Ramesh - There shouldn't be any need to change the pattern matching.  If you didn't change the default logging format to jvm_statistics.log, it would be good to get details on what was changed and an example line in the log file of the JVM in your OMi 10.62 environment.

Ryan - If you don't have any luck getting the data collected (after checking the WDE jvm_statistics.log has entries being written to it) let me know and perhaps we can have a screensharing session ot resolve it.

CP.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. andreask Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I read that with OMi 11.2018 there is a new version of the pack in the marketplace available that have some defect fixed and data collection works now fine.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.