Mel Farber Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

OBM Server Monitoring Dashboards

Jump to solution

I have installed OBM Server Monitoring 2.21 on OBM 2018.05.  I see in the content pack definition 5 dashboards, but none show up as pages in OBM, nor are they listed if I create a new page and look at the listed dashboards.

I went through the directions again, but I didn't see anything obvious that I missed.  I restarted the server, but no change.  Do the OMi Server Health, -DPS, Summary, OMi Event Pipeline Statistics, OMI RTSM Health DPS xml files exist on my server system, from whiich I can manually load them?

Thanks,
Mel

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Ryan Ferreri Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: OBM Server Monitoring Dashboards

Jump to solution

Go into Perfromance Perspective and select the OMi Deployment view. Click on the Gateway and DPS nodes in that view and see if you have data. 

6 Replies
Highlighted
Ryan Ferreri Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Go into Perfromance Perspective and select the OMi Deployment view. Click on the Gateway and DPS nodes in that view and see if you have data. 

Misaq Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Those Dashboards are part of the performance perspective. Not available individually. You can do some play under Administration --> Operation Console --> Performance Dashboard mapping.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

It would be nice if Micro Focus supplied a document explaining all the graphs, charts and statistics to provide some explanations and provide some warning that there could be problem and where to check.

Thanks for the help.

Mel

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Mel,

This is the extent of documentation around the OBM Server Self-Monitoring performance dashboards:

The PDF in the content - OBM Server Monitoring Contrib Readme_2.21.pdf - includes a list of the Performance Dashboards it provides, which type of CI they are found under and the list of metrics displayed in the charts.

The event pipeline steps are described withing the respective performance dashboard as an embedded html.

CP.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Carol,

Thanks.  Not your fault, but pretty graphs and charts, without information on what it really means, what should set off red flags and how to fix the problem, are just pretty grachs and charts.

Mel

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Mel,

The threshold monitoring policies will generate events if certain thresholds are exceeded (eg JVM Heap, num of events or num of history lines etc in the DB, or duplicate nodes, etc) and provide instruction text, so you could start there (ie, check the measurement threshold policy content). 

The metrics on which they are based are visible in Performance Dashboard so you can see the values over time to (a) understand what is normal for your environment so you can recognise what is not normal later, and (b) if a problem occurred, check this same data.  For example, the most common things to look at in troubleshooting are:

"JVM Heap Utilization" chart (in the "OMi Server Health" dashboard) - If it gets consistently high (eg 90%) then you should increase the heap for that JVM.

"Event Pipeline Steps Last Time (ms)" chart (in the "OMi Event Pipeline Statistics" dashboard) - If event processing is slow, see which steps in the event pipeline are taking the longest time.  If they are the EPI steps (called PipelineEntry, ResolutionCompleted, PipelinExit), then you would investigate your EPI scripts and associated filters to see if they could be optimised.

Hope that helps,
CP.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.