Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Outstanding Contributor.. RamkumarA Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

OMi 10.63 - Reconciliation rule "By key attributes"

Hi,

OMi 10.63 managing some 5000 Windows servers. There are lots of duplicate CI's for each windows servers in RTSM.

I would need to modify the existing re-conciliation rule for the "Windows" CI type. When i change the current rule "Inherited from parent" to "By key attributes" in the Details tab of the "CI Type Manager", i am getting the below error when adding attributes like Name, Primary DNS Name to merge the CI's instead of creating duplicates.

Action is not allowed - key attributes must be unique

Please advise on how to enable this reconciliation rule.

Thanks,
Ram.

0 Likes
6 Replies
LSA2002
Established Member.

Re: OMi 10.63 - Reconciliation rule "By key attributes"

it sounds like you have some duplicated CIs on your RTSM. try to clean up the duplicates before changing the reconciliation rule. You can create a TQL (node to node with an inner-join relationship) to discover the duplicated CIs, that will help you to find and clean it.

did you openned a support case to ask Micro Focus about that change? i have the same issue here but the support person told me since that's a personal configuration, if any issues arrise, it won't be covered by support.

hope it helps. Regards,

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Ram,

From what you describe sounds like you try to use attributes that are not market as key attributes for a rule that works with key attributes. So, you need to check if the attributes that you want to use (Name and Primary DNS Name) are key attributes? If not and you want to use that criteria you will need to make the attributes key one I suppose.

Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes

Hi LSA2002,

Thanks for the response, I did opened a support case, but there is no use as the support enginner mentioned its break/fix team and we need to contact the PSO team.

Anyways, As you advised, I have constructed a pattern view with join relationship (Windows --> Windows_1) with matching attribute name "Name".. But i guess i am doing wrong.. Please find the screenshots.. Can you guide me on this..

Thanks,
Ram.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. SahilGupta Outstanding Contributor..

Hello Ram,

There is no need to contact the Professional Service/Pre-Sales Team. OMi have duplicate CIs and it should be treated as break-fix. You are not asking for any product customizations or enhancement. Reach out to your MF alliance manger if they do not help you.

And, what I know is, you need to remove the duplicate CIs first.
With respect to the attributes you select, your RTSM should not have any existing duplicate CI.

1) Remove the duplicate CI's, based on the attributes you wanna select

2) Select the attributes in Identifier

---------------

To remove the duplicate CIs

1) Pull a list of all the CIs (in your case, windows CI's) from RTSM

2) Used excel to figure out the duplicate CIs (according to your attributes)

3) You should have a list of duplicate CIs from the above step

4) use that list to either delete CIs one-by-one or create a view in modeling studio to delete them all at once

Regards,
Sahil Gupta

Regards,
Sahil Gupta
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Alex Ulbrich Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Lots of our customers have this problem.  I have a slide deck that will walk you through how to fix it.  Please send a note to info@whitlockis.com with the subject "Duplicate Remediation" and I will get it to you.  

Hi Alex,

Thanks, I have sent a note to your email. Please help.

Thanks,

Ram.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.