Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. KAKA_2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

OMi Management Pack for IIS

Jump to solution

Hello Support,

I downloaded Management Pack for IIS and installtion failed with below error.

[ERROR]   The HP OMi Management Pack packages failed to upload with below error.
 Please try uploading manually. For more detail, refer to %TOPAZ_HOME%\log\mpins
tall.log

upon checking the logs, i see following errors.

22.07.2016 14:28:08: [INFO]    Uploaded UCMDB package successfully.
22.07.2016 14:28:08: [INFO]    Source MPDVD Dir: D:\OMi10\Management Packs\OMi_MP_for_IIS_01.00.000\opr\content\
22.07.2016 14:28:08: [INFO]    Copying HP OMi Management Pack Packages to upload..
22.07.2016 14:28:08: [INFO]    Source MPDVD Dir: D:\OMi10\Management Packs\OMi_MP_for_IIS_01.00.000\opr\content\\en_US
22.07.2016 14:28:08: [INFO]    Target BSM Dir: C:\HPBSM\\Temp\MP_en_US\OMI-MPDCT.zipOMI-MPIIS.zip
22.07.2016 14:28:08: [INFO]    'en_US' locale will be uploaded.
22.07.2016 14:28:08: [INFO]    OMI-MPDCT.zip will be copied under C:\HPBSM\\Temp\MP_en_US\OMI-MPDCT.zipOMI-MPIIS.zip\OMI-MPDCT.zip
22.07.2016 14:28:08: [INFO]    OMI-MPIIS.zip will be copied under C:\HPBSM\\Temp\MP_en_US\OMI-MPDCT.zipOMI-MPIIS.zip\OMI-MPIIS.zip
22.07.2016 14:28:09: [INFO]    Copied HP OMi Management Pack Packages to upload
22.07.2016 14:28:09: [INFO]    Uploading HP OMi Management Pack to Content Manager. Please wait..
22.07.2016 14:28:09: [INFO]    Executing Script: C:\HPBSM\\bin\ContentAutoUpload.bat -autoUpload -forceReload -verbose -uploadFolder C:\HPBSM\\Temp\MP_en_US\OMI-MPDCT.zipOMI-MPIIS.zip
22.07.2016 14:28:12: [ERROR]   Exit code for ContentAutoUpload is: 1.
22.07.2016 14:28:12: [ERROR]   The HP OMi Management Pack packages failed to upload with below error. Please try uploading manually.
22.07.2016 14:28:12: [ERROR]  
22.07.2016 14:28:12: [ERROR]   Exiting HP OMi Management Pack installation
22.07.2016 14:28:12: [INFO]    ## HP OMi Management Pack Installation Finished: (22.07.2016 14:28:12) ##

i ran below command manualy on OMi server.

C:\HPBSM\\bin\ContentAutoUpload.bat -autoUpload -forceReload -verbose -uploadFolder C:\HPBSM\\Temp\MP_en_US\OMI-MPDCT.zipOMI-MPIIS.zip

command finished but there was no message/error so i assume it worked but when i look into Monitoring -> Policy Templates->Policy Management -> Template Groups, i dont see any MP for IIS.

Could you please assist me with this?

apart from this i would like to know that do i have to install the MP on both OMi server considering two OMi servers is configured to use Load balanacer? (Note: documentation has no info about laod balancer installtion).

Thank You.

-KAKA-

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OMi Management Pack for IIS

Jump to solution

If memory serves me the IIS MP is shipped OOB with OMi installation along with lots of other MPs, so it's just enough to select IIS MP checkbox in the Config Wizard running on DPS to have it installed. Not sure why you are trying to install it manually.

Anyway, the IIS MP Installation guide seems to have an answer to your question on which servers the MP should be installed:

In a BSM 9.2x or OMi 10.x distributed environment, OMi MP for Microsoft IIS must be installed on all BSM Servers, including DPS and Gateway servers.

As for checking MP itself, you are supposed to see it under Admin > Setup and Maintenance > Content Packs, not under Policy Management (even though it may put some IIS specific policies there). If you don't see IIS MP in the list of MPs and CPs under Admin > Setup and Maintenance > Content Packs, but you think you installed the MP properly, try to restart all of your OMi GW and DP servers. Sometimes it helps with showing up newly installed MPs.

4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

If memory serves me the IIS MP is shipped OOB with OMi installation along with lots of other MPs, so it's just enough to select IIS MP checkbox in the Config Wizard running on DPS to have it installed. Not sure why you are trying to install it manually.

Anyway, the IIS MP Installation guide seems to have an answer to your question on which servers the MP should be installed:

In a BSM 9.2x or OMi 10.x distributed environment, OMi MP for Microsoft IIS must be installed on all BSM Servers, including DPS and Gateway servers.

As for checking MP itself, you are supposed to see it under Admin > Setup and Maintenance > Content Packs, not under Policy Management (even though it may put some IIS specific policies there). If you don't see IIS MP in the list of MPs and CPs under Admin > Setup and Maintenance > Content Packs, but you think you installed the MP properly, try to restart all of your OMi GW and DP servers. Sometimes it helps with showing up newly installed MPs.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

hi Kaka_2,

If Dmitry's response helped you please be sure to mark kudos/Solution accepted.

If you need additional feedback please post.

Thanks for your contributions to the community.

Regards

James

HPE support

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. KAKA_2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Dimitry. If i a not wrong in previous versions it was not part of standard installtion/configuration as while testing the OMi i had to install it manually or may be it was completely different MP related to type of WebServer and therefore i was trying it manually on OMi 10.11.

but you are right it is just a one click and SPI is installed.

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, the list of OOB MPs shipped with OMi keeps growing over time, and not all of MPs available now with OMi 10.1x installations were also available with OMi 10.0x installations. It depends on when a specific MP gets released.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.