Absent Member.. Adrian23 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OMi-Monitoring Automation Architecture

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

It is possible to have an OMi Monitoring Architecture  with no Operations Manager? I am interested to know if we can replace the Operations Manager functionalities and use only the OMi Monitoring Automation and with agents installed manually on the nodes. 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OMi-Monitoring Automation Architecture

Jump to solution

Yes, with OMi Monitoing Automation (version 9.22 onwards), it is possible. However, you should consider what are your driving factors to migrate and what all features are needed in order to move from OM to OMi. As you may know that agent deployment functionality is not available in MA so you need to install agents manually or using some other mechanism like SA.

Let us know if you need more details.

-Mamta

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, with OMi Monitoing Automation (version 9.22 onwards), it is possible. However, you should consider what are your driving factors to migrate and what all features are needed in order to move from OM to OMi. As you may know that agent deployment functionality is not available in MA so you need to install agents manually or using some other mechanism like SA.

Let us know if you need more details.

-Mamta

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. KAKA_2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Mamata,

I am also having the same query. installing agent is no issue for us. we are using SCCM.

but we need to understand, how other things will be replaced in MA.

for example: how about the custom policies? (script based on instrumentation, Policies with embedded scripts)

also if i understand correctly management packs are replacement of SPI's and in OM we have option to customize the SPI polcies as well so what is the possibility of modifying such policies within Management packs?

We have correlation configured based on the composer. is there a straight forward migration is possible?

is there a possibility to take a virtual tour of MA to understand the feature it has and compare with OM?

Any additional details provided would be great.

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello KAKA,

Most of the policies including custom polcies will work with MA. You can import your custom policies and instrumentation in MA and use them as is (mostly).

Yes, you are right, Mgmt Packs (MPs) in MA replace SPIs in OM and you can continue customizing the standard out-of-the-box policies included in the MPs.

Coming to Composer based correlation - as you might know OMi has its correlation functionality so there is no straight migration here BUT OMi's answer to this is the "Stream based event correlation". If you let me know your specific correlation use cases, I'll try to suggest how the same can be achieved in OMi.

If you need more details, drop me an email.

Thanks & Regards,

Mamta

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.