Highlighted
Ashish_Gupta Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

OMi : SBEC query

Hello Experts,

I have written a SBEC  for the repeatation rule.

Its been defined 10 as minimum number of events within 2 minutes , but sometimes count goes above 10 .

It randomly varies value from 11 to 17. In that Case I have seen first 10 events are getting Correlated , but from 11 to 17  it is not , Is it expected Behaviour ?

As per my my understanding , lower number is 10 , but higher should be unlimited within time range. Please correct my undertanding  & suggest how I can move take care of this situation.

Regards,

Ashish

Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OMi : SBEC query

Hi Ashish_Gupta,

One quick thing to cehck and provide is what verson of OMi specifically that you re running. We have made fixes and enhancements to SBEC over time.

Another is to see the quick video's explaining best practice and expected behavor:

https://docs.software.hpe.com/OMi/10.61/Content/OMi/ConceptsGuide/OMi_getStarted/OMi_getStarted_tutorials.htm?Highlight=sbec

https://community.saas.hpe.com/t5/IT-Operations-Management-ITOM/Operations-Manager-i-Unlock-the-value-of-stream-based-event/ba-p/254873

Regards,

James

HPE Software Support

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello

Based on the 9th point on the Administration guide > Event Processing > Stream-Based Event Correlation > Repetition Rules, this could be an expected behavior, to confirm it would be necessary to review how the repetition rule was configured to confirm it:

1. Choose whether the actions should be executed the first time (the default) or every time the condition is fulfilled.

If you choose the default option, a new event is created only the first time the condition is fulfilled (during the initial rule execution) and all subsequent events within the specified time window will correlate to the same cause. They are modified accordingly, which does not apply to the already existing events.

Decide how you want all subsequent events to be handled, either within the remaining time window (which is set by the initial rule execution), or for the sliding time window, which means that with each subsequent event the time window is automatically extended. The default value is remaining.

Best regards

Regards,

Edward Campos Monge.
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. SanthoshKunhiRa Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hi Ashish,

You would need to create combination rule additionally to accomplish this. additionally what is the action you are performing once the condition met, if you are creating a cause event and closing all the symptoms then in the cause event you have to add a custom attribute something like "SBEC generated" and ensure you have the event filter capture this eventin the combination rule.

there is detailed docs available for this issue. you can refer that...

Regards,

Santhosh Kunhiraman

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.