Absent Member.. elmassimo Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OMi : SiteScope event deduplication & count

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I want to make deduplication for events that comes from SiteScope on OMi.

For each SiteScope monitor there should be only one actif event that holds count of all similar events besides to their history.

I have tried many combination on platform->application->operations management-> duplicate event suppression setting but with no success.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OMi : SiteScope event deduplication & count

Jump to solution

Hi,

So now what you want is achieved right? It seems that there some problem with the duplication by key but without an example it is wild guess why.

Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

HI,

Can you share what is the criteria on which you would like to make the deduplication on (Key, ETI or attributes) and show an example events that does not duplicate although that you have duplication activated?

Regards,

Rosen

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I'm using key attribute as a criteria for deduplication.

I got this in OMi (dashboard from closed events)

deduplication_key.png

Events are deduplicated if I force recsending an event with the same status on SiteScope.

Once the status changes in SiteScope, the counter for deduplication is reseted to zero.

I want to see just the last event with all deduplication count

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

What I assume is that the events are not duplicated because they are correlated (pairwise correlation) before that. So check what the value for this infra setting is: “Change state of events having the same key” under the Operations Management - Change State of Related Events Settings

If it is “true” set it to “false”.

As the setting say:

Consider old events that have the same key as the incoming event for related event correlation (e. g. close the old event when new event with a matching close key pattern arrives). Setting this value to false allows the later deduplication step to suppress the new event as a duplicate of the old one.

Another option would be to use ETI criteria for the pairwise correlation instead of key correlation.

Regards,

Rosen

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Rosen,

That did not help on my case; still the same behavior. However it appreas to be the good option to use.

Here is my settings mybe I have forgot something between:

Change State of Related Events Settings

change_state.png

Duplicate events

duplicate.png

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

It seems ok. Can you show the history tab of one event that is closed instead of duplicated? Expand the panel there so we can see what happened to the event.

Regards,

Rosen

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I have changed from "detect duplicate events by key" to "detect duplicate events by identical attributes" like the below:

duplicate_events_by_attributes.png

now, only one event is kept on the event console. All other related events are traced on the history.

event_history.png

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

So now what you want is achieved right? It seems that there some problem with the duplication by key but without an example it is wild guess why.

Regards,

Rosen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.