Acclaimed Contributor.. KAKA_2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

OMi10 - Creating aspect and CI Type

Hello Support,

I am creating aspects and i need to create two different acpect one for Windows 2008 and another for windows 2012 due to the dfferent set of monitoring for each.

In the second step of adding Aspect it looks for CI Type and in CI Type there is CI Type called Windows only.

My question is how can i CI type based on the OS Versions ?

-KAKA-

0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OMi10 - Creating aspect and CI Type

While it is always possible to create new CI Types, it might actually be easier to work with what you already have.  For example, you could create a single aspect that contains policy templates for both W2k8 and W2k12.  While still in the Policy Templates tab of the Aspect, select a policy template and click the Deployment Condition icon (looks like a traffic light).  The popup lets you specify a condition to further restrict deployment beyond the CI Type.  Eg, specify that the CI attribute discovered_os_name must match the regexp for 2008 or 2012.  Repeat for each policy template you want to restrict the deployment.  This assumes your Windows CIs have this attribute containing the version info.

CP.

Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Carol,

Thank you for your response. as suggested i created single Aspect and then configured a template to deploy only on windows 2008 server.

configuration is as below:

CI attribute discovered_os_name Matchregexp %2008%

afterwards added two nodes one from each OS, 2012 and 2008.

but i missed this template on both the node, rest all templates were deployed successfully.

i also tried CI attribute discovered_os_name Matchregexp 2008

but this does not work either.

Where to look?

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Harald Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Kaka,

try this:

.*2008.*

PS: MA is using java regular expressions. 

Kind regards,

Harald

Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Harald,

This does not work too. i tried <*>2008<*> as well but no luck.

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

I think it is not pattern issue. as the changes were never applied.

followed as suggested:

"While still in the Policy Templates tab of the Aspect, select a policy template and click the Deployment Condition icon (looks like a traffic light).  The popup lets you specify a condition to further restrict deployment beyond the CI Type.  Eg, specify that the CI attribute discovered_os_name must match the regexp for 2008 or 2012.  Repeat for each policy template you want to restrict the deployment.  This assumes your Windows CIs have this attribute containing the version info."

This changes the version of aspect. when checking using assignment and tuning i see that aspect has older version. how can i update this version so changes are in effect?

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Kaka,

right click on the Management Template and select "Update to Latest"

Kind regards,

Harald

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Thanks Harald,

Going little bit off topic.

That means if one modify a policy and this policy is part of 5 different aspect and these 5 different aspects are part if 10 management solutions then one has to "update to latest" all these aspects and then management templates. is it?

Correct me if i am wrong.

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Kaka,

you can also go to the policy and select "list items require an update" to modify all referenced aspects/Management Templates at once.

Kind regards,

Harald

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.