Acclaimed Contributor.. KAKA_2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

OMi10 - Day light saving

Jump to solution

Hello Support,

Yesterday day ligt saving took place and clocks are now one hour ahead. System clock is changed but on OMi console i see the clocks are not changed and in the event properties time is still 1 hour behind.

i checked the OMi Help and Infrastructure setting page if there is configuration value for day light saving adjustment but nothing find anything related.

any clue?

-KAKA-

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lovely-Sakariah Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OMi10 - Day light saving

Jump to solution

Hi KAKA ,

Thanks for the logs .. In the logs I can see that the Browser Cache is not cleared ..

Though  the patch is installed and deployed correctly , the SWF file in the Browser cache is still of the older  version ..

INFO Launching SWF application EvtBrowser (version: 10.00.172).

It should be 10.00.321

Close all the IE instances , delete the Browser cache (Double check that your Browser cache is empty ) , The IE Browser cache is usually in this directory.. C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE .. Make sure this is empty..

Then  access this link to manually load the SWF file

http://<GWS>/opr-web/flex-ui/opr-event-browser.swf

This should fix the issue.

Regards,

Lovely

19 Replies
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi KAKA ,

As long as the system time is set correctly , OMi Time Zone Manager should pick up DST correctly .. you shouldnt have to set it manaually..

Is your OMi Console User set for a different time zone from whats set on the system? (Kindly check Admin->Platform->User and Managemnet ->User Setting->Select the User and check the TZ for that User)..

Regards,

Lovely

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Lovely,

Thank you for your response. I am on OMi 10 and dont find "Admin->Platform->User and Managemnet ->User Setting->Select the User and check the TZ for that User)"

however there is a possibility to check the user setting for self and i am running user console with the account Admin. There are no other users configured. when checking for the my user i see the timezone is same as our system time zone.

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi KAKA ,

I tested it on OMi10 and I see that this is a defect with TZ manager.. I will get you a hotfix for this.

Regards,

Lovely

Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Lovely,

Do you have HotFix ready by now?

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

Do you heave IP 2 for OMi 10? This problem should be fixed there. There looks to be a hotfix for IP1 as well. See:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR8D37206?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=OSP

Best Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

HI KAKA ,

I have been working with the RnD on this , We now the hotfix ready for this problem.

If you are already on OMi10 IP#1 , you can download the hotfix for this problem from the FTP link below ..

Else you can upgrade to our latest IP#2 (released yesterday ) to get all the latest fixes , which includes the fix for the DST issue .

Here's are the links where you can download IP#2 from ..

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/OMI_00085 (Linux)

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/OMI_00086 (WINDOWS)

OR If you are IP#1 you can download the hotfix for this problem (along with the instructions) from the FTP below .

ftp://SC0c9b42:7vg=CU6a@h3.usa.hp.com/

Hope this helps .

Regards,

Lovely

Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Lovely,

Even after installing the IP#2, problem is not solved.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. tibornad Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

we had the same problem and i did receive a patch from suppport. it was:

QCCR8D37224_10IP1.zip

not sure. but it looks like this is a hotfix which was provided for IP1. and maybe it is not inside IP2

but that's just guessing

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

as per the release notes, this problem is fixed in IP2. so instead of installing HotFix particular to the problem i installed the patch.

no idea why it should not be fixed then?

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi KAKA ,

Please Run the command /opr/support/what.bat C:\HPBSM\opr\webapps\opr-web.war on your GW server and check if the build is 312.

Also try to run the opr-gateway-configuration.bat to redeploy the new opr-web.war (if for some reason it wasnt deployed correctly this should take care of it).

Then Delete the temporary internet files and the java cache , reopen the Browser and check.

If it still doesnt help , kindly send me the output of /opr/support/opr-checker -a from the GW server ,I will get it verified for you.

Regards,

Lovely

Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Please Run the command /opr/support/what.bat C:\HPBSM\opr\webapps\opr-web.war on your GW server and check if the build is 312.

>>>>

c:\HPBSM\opr\support>what.bat C:\HPBSM\opr\webapps\opr-web.war
C:\HPBSM\opr\webapps\opr-web.war:
        10.00.312 build 53154 (30.04.2015 10:15:19)

Also try to run the opr-gateway-configuration.bat to redeploy the new opr-web.war (if for some reason it wasnt deployed correctly this should take care of it).

>>>> i dont find this command.

Then Delete the temporary internet files and the java cache , reopen the Browser and check.

>>>> Tried but no luck.

If it still doesnt help , kindly send me the output of /opr/support/opr-checker -a from the GW server ,I will get it verified for you.

>>>> Attached is the output file.

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi KAKA ,

Thanks for the log ,..Just as I suspected intially , I see that the opr-web is not deployed correctly ..

I see that the patch has installed the correct version of opr-web but the opr-web deployed in the WebApp is still the old version .

Kindly run /opr/bin/opr-deploy-gateway.bat on all your gateways , Then clear the browser and Java cache and reload the UI  ..

This should fix your issue.

Regards,

Lovely

Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

it does not help either. i ran the command to deploy the opr-web which resulted in a successful message. cleared the temp and checked again but still it does not match the clock.

i checked again the opr-checker and status of deployement is as below:

Deployment Check
opr-web.war 10.00.312 build 53154 Deployment ERROR : C:\HPBSM\AppServer\webapps\
opr-web.war version is 10.00.172 build 50586
opr-config-server.war 10.00.312 Deployment ERROR : C:\HPBSM\AppServer\webapps\op
r-config-server.war version is 10.00.172

is there any other log which shows the reason for this error?

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi KAKA ,

I had a quick word with the Dev who released this patch to confirm that the patch was tested for DST issues .. He confirms that the patch was verified for different TZs before release.

With Regards to the Deployment Error :

1> On GW server , you can run the vb script directly  /opr/bin>cscript opr-gateway-configuration.vbs -setup omi

This will give you more detailed output on the console if infact Opr-Web-App was successfully deployed or not ..

2> Also you could restart Jboss using this command /opr/bin/opr-support-utils.bat -restart mercuryAS and then  check the /log/Jboss7_boot.log if opr-web.war was deployed correctly (search for the word 'opr-web.war' in this log)

3> Kindly ensure that the user logged in is in the same time zone as the system timezone.

Please send me the above logs and screenshots if it doesnt help..

Regards,

Lovely

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.