Acclaimed Contributor.. KAKA_2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

OMi10 - installing OMi on Windows 2012 and flash player problem

Hello Support,

I installed OMi on a Windows 2012 R2 Server and when checking the event perspective i get error message

"This OMi application requires an installation of the Adobe Flash Player of at least version 11.2.0.

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer. After the download has completed close all running browser instances, run the downloaded installer and re-open this application."

When i try to install, i get a message that on windows 8 you no need to install the flash as it is preinstalled. check if it is disabled under manage add ons or disable the Active x filtering.

when checking the Add ons, there is no flash and i already disabled the filtering. i also applied all available pataches/fixes for windows  but same error message appears.

Do you have any idea about how to fix?

-KAKA-

0 Likes
2 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Harald Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: OMi10 - installing OMi on Windows 2012 and flash player problem

Hello Kaka,

flash player is "somehow" integrated with Windows 2012.

You need to install/activate Flash via Server Manager in Windows 2012

• Open Server Manager in Windows 2012:
  • On the "Features" Tab click on "User Interfaces and Infrastructure"
  • Click/Enable "Desktop Experience"

Now windows will install the FlashPlayer and (after a reboot) enable it in IE.

PS: For better performance the recommendation is to not use the client/browser on the active server instead connect from another machine.

Kind regards,

Harald

Acclaimed Contributor.. KAKA_2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: OMi10 - installing OMi on Windows 2012 and flash player problem

Hi Harald,

Thank you for your response. I activated flash as per your instruction and now it works fine.

Shouldnt this error messaged be updated in OMi? it took lot of time of mine.

-KAKA-

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.