Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. KAKA_2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Policy variables for Windows Event logfile monitoring

Jump to solution

Dear Experts,

I need to build a key which includes event source along with event ID and node name. i am unable to find policy variable for event source. actually i can not find a long list of available policy varaible which was always there with OMW help.

in OMi help i found "A list of supported variables is available in the Policy Variables tab. For a complete list of HPOM variables and their descriptions, see the HPOM documentation."

i searched in OMi help as well as https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Manager:2018.05/Home but did not find anything.

-KAKA-

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Policy variables for Windows Event logfile monitoring

Jump to solution

Sorry, I misunderstood - was thinking policy source.  Anyway, the windows event log source is populated in the Application field so you can use <$MSG_APPL> to refer to the source.

I will send doc feedback about the info missing from the documentation.  btw, anyone can submit feedback directly to the doc team by clicking the Send Feedback link at the bottom of any documentation page on the Doc Portal (https://docs.microfocus.com).

CP.

4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The <$NAME>, <$FULLNAME>, and <$SRCNAME> policy variables can be used in measurement threshold policies only as described in this section of the online help:

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Manager:2018.05/OMi/AdminGuide/Monitoring/PolicyTemplates/om_uc_pt_measurement_threshold

CP.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Carol,

My requirement is for Windows event log policy and not Measurement threshold. from an OMW colleague i have found out policy variable for event id is $EVENT_ID (btw not documented in OMi help). what i am still missing is if there is policy variable for event source too? as we know it is quite possible that two application can have same event ID and therefore to Event ID + Event source would be best option to make it unique.

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Sorry, I misunderstood - was thinking policy source.  Anyway, the windows event log source is populated in the Application field so you can use <$MSG_APPL> to refer to the source.

I will send doc feedback about the info missing from the documentation.  btw, anyone can submit feedback directly to the doc team by clicking the Send Feedback link at the bottom of any documentation page on the Doc Portal (https://docs.microfocus.com).

CP.

Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Carol. for sure anyone can send feedback to Doc team but this is case where we do not know what all possible variables are and which of those are missing so it would be nice if an MF expert review the available document and submit feedback for all those variable would be better.

-KAKA-

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.