Highlighted
Ashish_Gupta Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

SBEC Query

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

I have written a SBEC  for the repeatation rule.

Its been defined 10 as minimum number of events within 2 minutes , but sometimes count goes above 10 .

It randomly varies value from 11 to 17. In that Case I have seen first 10 events are getting Correlated , but from 11 to 17  it is not , Is it expected Behaviour ?

As per my my understanding , lower number is 10 , but higher should be unlimited within time range. Please correct my undertanding  & suggest how I can move take care of this situation.

Regards,

Ashish

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SBEC Query

Jump to solution

Hi Ashish,

It says atleast 10 events withing time period, Please make sure to select Execution: Execution actions "first time" conditions is fulfileed, and handle subsequent events within "sliding" time window accordingly. I created the rule to match 5 events & sent 6 events with time windows all 6 events correlated to new created events. please refer atatched screenshot

Regards,

Binod

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Mayur_Khardikar Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Ashish,

Your understanding is correct but does all the events which needs to be correlated occurs withing 2 minutes of time window?

If these events doesn't fall in the 2 minutes time window then correlation won't happen.

Thanks,

Mayur

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Mayur,

I have  done the testing & unfirtunately it works with the hardcode number ,  so if the number is given 10 & 11 th incident is there in the given timeperiod , it will not correlate 

Regards,

Ashish 

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Mayur_Khardikar Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Ashish,

May I know what are the correlation attributes used in the condition and what action you have configured for this repetition rule? If possible, please share screenshots of the repetition rule.

Thanks,

Mayur

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Ashish,

It says atleast 10 events withing time period, Please make sure to select Execution: Execution actions "first time" conditions is fulfileed, and handle subsequent events within "sliding" time window accordingly. I created the rule to match 5 events & sent 6 events with time windows all 6 events correlated to new created events. please refer atatched screenshot

Regards,

Binod

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Binod,

Thanks for your reply , which version of OMi are you using , I can't see this " handle subsequent events within "sliding" time window" option for me in OMi 9.25

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

This seems to be limitation  with the older version of OMi & with latest version of OMi , I can see option is available

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. OMLing Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to correlate a set of events with different "object" values thru this SBEC-Repetition rule?

If I'm not mistaken, we're only allowed to enter one value in the "Object" field in the filter which we're creating (refer to attached screenshot). Does it mean the only way to achieve that is to create multiple filters for each of the object?

TIA!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.