Arunhclite Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

SBEC Update the Released Event with the closed event details

Hi All,

I am trying to achieve the  below correlation via SBEC.

When there is a application failure in a server, it may occur in many servers for the same application.

So we need to suppress/close the remaining events and raise a Incident for only 1 event, but it should contain all the affected server details in the description.

Tried the same with SBEC, I am able to close all the events and the last event is pushed to OMi. But unable to update the attributes in the released events.

Is there any way to update the release event description with the closed event server names?

Thanks,

Arunkumar.K

0 Likes
4 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. SahilGupta Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: SBEC Update the Released Event with the closed event details

Hello Arun,

This seems to be a genuine requirement. What about introducing an EPI at 3rd stage i.e. Before Event Store?

Since events will be correlated using SBEC in 2nd stage and correlated event information will be updated in the related events section/attribute. You can give it a try, updating the description of the forwarding event with the Related CI's of correlated events.

Regards,
Sahil Gupta

Regards,
Sahil Gupta
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for the quick response.

Correct me If I am wrong. You mean to say create a EPI script to fetch the Related CI field from the Correlated Events and place it in the Event Description which is about to be pushed to console?

If so, where the script need to be placed. Also I am new to EPI script, where to start on this script creation?

Thanks,

Arunkumar.K

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. SahilGupta Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hello Arun,

Somewhat yes. You do not need to fetch the information from each correlated event. Because information regarding the correlated events will be available in the "related event" section of an event. Sample Image attached.

Since by default (out-of-box) OMi does not forward "Related Event" field to the ITSM tools(ticketing tools i.e. ServiceNow, SM), there are 2 options to do it.

1) Either make your OMI to ITSM tools connector(i.e. DoiTWise, AppLink) to pull "related event" section information from OMi and send it to ITSM Tool

2) Write an Event Processing customization script to enrich your event description with the information in "related events section"

A script is expected to be placed in OMI --> Administration --> Event Processing Customization. This script is nothing but a Groovy Script. Read the documentation, click here, to know more about EPI.

Regards,
Sahil Gupta

Regards,
Sahil Gupta
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for the update. There were issues with the forum so couldn't update you the results.

I couldn't find the closed events in the related events Tab of the correlated Event.

Actually I tested with only 2 events, one is closed and the other is released as correlated. Is that we need to test with more events to get the event details in Related events tab?

Also I am using SBEC repetitive mode.

Thanks,

Arunkumar.K

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.