Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Manjunath_J Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Urgent: Not able to start ODB process

Hi Experts,

I have installed OBM 10.63 on Linux platform with single server deployement and embeded Database. The installation went smoothly without any issues and the configuration part also completed.

After i have started the service and when iam checking the status the ODB service is not able to satrt since from more than 2hrs it is showing STARTING only. Kindly help me how to resolve the issue. Attacheed screenshot for the reference.

OBM:10.63

Single server deployement.

Regards,

Pranav R N

0 Likes
8 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. KAKA_2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Urgent: Not able to start ODB process

Did you check startup.log under <HPBSM>/log/odb/odb/ and odb_boot.log under <HPBSM>/log for any relevant information about this issue?

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Experts,

Still the issue is not yen resolved. I have changed the linux version 6.5 to 7.3 but still the same issue is persists.

Attached log for your reference.

Please help me how to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Pranav R N

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Startup looks quite normal. when you install OMi for first time then it is quite common that start of ODB takes 45 minutes to 1 hour or more. i see you mentioned that you have waited for 2 hours. do you really mean it? in that case can you also share error.log from same folder where startup.log was present? -KAKA-

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Please find the attached error log.

Regards,

Pranav R N

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.

Hi,

sorry missed the attachment.

Regards,

Pranav R N

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Experts,

Can anybody help me out of this issue.

Regards,

Pranav R N

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

error log you shared shows lot of internal errors. did you check SUMA that whether OS/Version and Application supported together? if yes then i believe you should seek an Help of MF support as we have seen many times ucmdb and OMi releases are not in sync and they need fix from ucmdb side.

HTH
-KAKA-

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. SahilGupta Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hello,

Did you find a solution for this?

Same happened to me, though it is 2016 Datacenter. I installed OBM on my azure machine and ODB is not starting. 

The error says something about Postgre table mismatch. Since its an embedded DB, I cannot touch schema.

Thanks,

Sahil Gupta

Regards,
Sahil Gupta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.