Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

export events for 3 months

Dear Experts,

I Have OMI over windows and I want export events for last 3 months but in the database there is only one month and other events are in the archive directory in the OMi ?

1- How can I get this events ?

2- can i export archived events from the Database ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: export events for 3 months

Hi,

I think you are talking about Closed events in the DB?

Likely you did not change the default archive interval, which is set to 30 days. Closed events older than 30 days will get archived to files. The archive settings can  be changed in the Infrastructure settings e.g. the settings of the Ageing, Path, file prefix etc. under

Infrastructure Settings in “OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT - Event Auto Archiving Settings”

Details about the archive CLI can be found at https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Manager:2019.11/Clioprarchiveevents

So you can archive all the remaining closed events in the DB and use the last 20 files found in the archive directory and you will get the last 3 months of closed events.

best regards
M.

If you liked it I appreciate a thumb-up click, if it solves it, please mark it below with "Accept as Solution" - thanks!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Dear Marco,

thanks alot for your reply but this in not exactly what I want casue if i change this for example to keep events for 3 months this will affect server performance let me give you more details 

1- Archive events removed from DB ? yes or no 

if no I can get the events even from DB level

2- from  the archive folders it is XML file what is the best option to get events back ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I did not tell you to increase the value to 3 months, as exactly this will effect the server performance.

The Archiving does remove the closed events from the DB, that is the purpose of the archiving. So the answer is "Yes, they do get removed"

The archiving commands intention was only to remove the data from the DB to an external format and XML was chosen.

If you want to bring back the data again into OBM, this might not be the right tool of choice. You can use the two CLIs opr-export-events.sh and opr-import-events.sh to perform actions like this.

Hope thi help, best regards

Marc

If you liked it I appreciate a thumb-up click, if it solves it, please mark it below with "Accept as Solution" - thanks!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.