Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

forwarding event from OA agent to external tool

OA 12.04 agent

Is there any possibility of forwarding event from OA agent which is been monitored by OMi to external tool.

Whether opsconnector Data forwarding policy can be used for this purpose or any other means.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: forwarding event from OA agent to external tool

Hello,

Did you think of the direction of creating a connected server of type external processing system and use a forwarding rule for this server in OMi?

Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Rosen

Thanks for your reply.

In fact in our environment we are restarting OMi servers once an week due to performance issues.

During this time I am looking at forwarding events directly from OA agent for certain servers to external tool, let me say logstash so users can view events in logstash.

I looked at OA agent docs and I am able to see following,

Stream and view data on the configured target end points

which involves configuring streaming agent and deploying data forwarding policy.

The document talks about Sys_DataForwarding, but in my environment I am not seeing the policy.

If anyone has this policy please can you add as an attachment.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Then maybe using OpsCx and policy for forwarding data to a web service is a good idea.

Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Rosen

Do you have any references/documents for this, if yes please can you share.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. gun339 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi Ramesh,

You can configure event processing customization where you can use groovy script to forward the data to external tool.

In groovy script you can put the command for forwarding the data using the port on which it will communicate with OMi.

I have also configured the same but forwarding the data to BMC truesight.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. andreask Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

There are a few possibilities.

1) MSI with that the messagestream can be dumped or modified localy on each Agent. so you can usse ssh to forward the events to another tool but this will take a lot of efford

2) Use a backup Manager Configuration on the Agent  and send the Events to a second OMi or OML Sever. Also tehre is the possibility to send the same event to 2 or more OMI/OML servers

Anyway, we tried this a lot, but syncing 2 OMi Servers completely will not work. there is always stuff that cannot be moved between 2 OMi Environments.

3) Streaming Policies will only work with MF tools if i understand the principle right.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.