Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

mib2policy fails to recognize traps/notifications for Tufin mibs

All,

I'm trying to convert mib file to snmptrap policy, but failing with the following

C:\Program Files\HP\HP BTO Software\contrib\mib2policy\bin>mib2policy.bat -p SNMP-Tufin -o Tufin-Policy -v ..\TUFIN-MIB.txt
mib2policy:Default config file=C:\PROGRA~1\HP\HPBTOS~1\contrib\MIB2PO~1\bin\\..\etc\mib2policy.config
mib2policy:Checking options passed via '-l|--line'
mib2policy:Checking config file passed via '-c|--config'
mib2policy:Checking factory config file
mib2policy:Checking for file existance - Tufin-Policy/SNMP-Tufin_data
mib2policy:Checking for file existance - Tufin-Policy/SNMP-Tufin_header.xml
mib2policy:Policy name=SNMP-Tufin
mib2policy:Mib file=..\TUFIN-MIB-copy.txt
ERROR: No traps/notifications found at ..\TUFIN-MIB.txt

Here is a copy of the mib file I am using..

https://forum.tufin.com/support/kc/latest/Content/Suite/mib_definitions.htm

I can see there are traps but yet the mib2policy fails to find them??

Can someone highlight what the problem is with the mib file or with mib2policy tool so that I can get on with it?

Kind TRegards

Jim

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Don't forget to Kudo!!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: mib2policy fails to recognize traps/notifications for Tufin mibs

I looked into the MIB and for me it doeant look that these are Trap Definitions. For me this looks like UIDs that can be polled with snmpwalk from the device.

May be there is  a dependency MIB.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.