Rabobank_NL Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

"GW Failed to forward" internal events - duplicates and original event IDs

Jump to solution

Hello again,

From time to time we get internal event about the fact, that GW has failed to forward event/event update. There can come a lot of duplicates (up to 300), but there is one event.

In event Title there is an original event ID mentioned, like this:

"Gateway server 'XXX' failed to forward an event update for event with id '6e868fdf-9dec-4fe5-8833-e81acb26413f' to server 'YYY' due to the following error: HTTP request to Connected Server 'SM Integration' on node 'YYY' failed with HTTP status: (400) Bad Request"

In our case this kind of internal event mostly comes because we try to forward event, that is already closed. Overlapping automation rules are the reason for this.

My assumption is that those 300 are not for one original event, and only the first original ID is mentioned in the internal event title. Is that so?

If yes, how could we make sure, that we get different internal events for every original event without closing them immediately? This is important to trace the root cause and separate known problems from new ones.

Regards,

Svetlana

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: "GW Failed to forward" internal events - duplicates and original event IDs

Jump to solution

Hi Svetlana,

Thanks for the additional information, I'll look into it and get back to you.

For the EPI script, you can use the method:

setNoDedup(boolean skipDedup)

Pl make sure that you use the right event filter to select only specific events.

Thanks & Regards,

Mamta

5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

can you check the attributes "Key" and "Event Type Indicator" of such events? By default, de-duplication happens based on same keys or same CI + same HI value basis and I have seen most of the internal events generated by OMi use a unique ID using multiple strings (in your example, it should be using the event ID) while setting the key attribute in the event. As a result, events will be de-duplicated only when they are for the same event ID. Currently, I cannt test it but if you provide me the requested information, i can give some inputs.

Also, in your setup do you have de-duplication enabled based on event attributes (by default  it is disabled)

Lastly, if you really need that these events are NOT de-duplicated then you can use EPI script and set such events to bypass the de-duplication. I can provide you more details about how to do it but before that I suggest you consider your use case and if there is really  a need for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Mamta

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

ETI is always empty, Event Keys are different for event update and event forwarding - see below. First case is what I was talking about, and I don't see any event ID in the event key.

1. Title: Gateway server 'YYY' failed to forward an event update for event with id 'c909d540-42ca-71e5-1e28-91481f250000' to server 'XXX' due to the following error: HTTP request to Connected Server 'SM Integration Prod' on node 'XXX' failed with HTTP status: (400) Bad Request.
Key: urn:x-hp:2009:bsm:connected_server:XXX:unavailable 

2. a)Title: Gateway server 'YYY' failed to forward the event with id '9084f240-4c98-71e5-19ec-91481f250000', triggered by forwarding rule 'Event Forwarding - OMi-Enabled' and forwarding type 'SYNCHRONIZE_AND_TRANSFER_CONTROL', to server 'null' due to an error encountered while attempting to forward the event.
key: urn:x-hp:2009:bsm:connected_server:null:unavailable

2. b) Title: Event Forwarding Gateway server YYY is unable to reach server SM Integration Prod. The event 'Health Service Heartbeat Failure' (9084f240-4c98-71e5-19ec-91481f250000) cannot be delivered at this time. The request will be retried continuously until the forward request expires. According to the Operations Management Event Forwarding Expiration infrastructure setting of 12 hour(s), this request is estimated to expire in 11 hour(s) and 59 minute(s) from the time this event has occurred. At the time of this event the queue this request is on has 4 request(s) in the backlog.

Key: urn:x-hp:2009:bsm:connected_server:<SM server>:<BSM agent server>:unavailable:9084f240-4c98-71e5-19ec-91481f250000

Do you have an example  of EPI script, that can skip deduplication? Or at least name of the API function that I can use in this script?

Regards,

Svetlana

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

... and all Infra settings about Deduplication have default values.

Regards,

Svetlana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Svetlana,

Thanks for the additional information, I'll look into it and get back to you.

For the EPI script, you can use the method:

setNoDedup(boolean skipDedup)

Pl make sure that you use the right event filter to select only specific events.

Thanks & Regards,

Mamta

ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Dears

We are facing same issue in our environment and I am not sure on the resolution.

Can someone help me in understanding what should be done to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.